Sign in to follow this  
stanley

Big Lake Fishing Report?

VERY excited to be heading-up tomorrow morning for 5 days tramping around Big Lake, Black River, Little Colorado, Baldy, Greer, etc.!! Times like this with my kids are more precious as ever, as they grow and start their own lives! ;)

Did anyone hit Big Lake last weekend or recently? Will likely rent a boat 1/2 day once or twice while I'm there. My usual attack plan includes night crawlers fished down low with little/no weight, kastmasters, rooster tails, z-rays, etc. (I'm not a 'cow-bell / Ford-fender' guy....)

Any reports or late tips?

S.

:)

• Like 1

I'm jealous already. Got nothing for you but best wishes on a fun and safe trip!

• Like 1

At big lake we have a little honey hole there off the shore. Always catch fish on yellow power bait and worms. Its slowed down but still catching fish.

• Like 1

I was up before the 4th and caught easy limits on power bait. Need some help identifying this fish... small mouth like a rainbow, teeth, orange on fins, no pink side or red gill patch... Ed F

post-522-0-25988700-1532470084_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Not even close to a brook, thats a cutthroat all the way. Some cuts will not have the red marking under the gill.

Nice cut, yep the other is a cut as well

Its a cutthroat. You asked for help with ID, got the correct answer, then said they were wrong? The reason the mouth is smaller is because you are comparing a 10 stocker to a 20 trout in spawning colors. Did you want someone to say its a rare and elusive apache-sitgreaves speckled land-locked salmon?

• Like 5

Stanley we caught over 40 last week at Nelsons in about 3 hours, it was a hoot. All stalkers from a boat but it was for my 4 little kids. No hold overs though. We caught fish at biglake from 12-16, all cuts and rainbows.

• Like 1

Its a cutthroat. You asked for help with ID, got the correct answer, then said they were wrong? The reason the mouth is smaller is because you are comparing a 10 stocker to a 20 trout in spawning colors. Did you want someone to say its a rare and elusive apache-sitgreaves speckled land-locked salmon?

Thanks for setting me straight in CWT fashion... what a dick. I got 3 different answers. I searched the internet and couldn't find anything close to what that fish looked like. I'll disappear again... Ed F

• Like 1