Sign in to follow this  
HUNTnTAT2

Mountain Goat on Kaibab

Thats wild. I woulda shot it too. Wonder if there is a population or just a lone animal?

seen pictures of them before in 13b. I believe they are legal to shoot.

That's my dream hunt animal right there. Why would it be legal? Simply because we don't have them in AZ so it's a grey area?

That's my dream hunt animal right there. Why would it be legal? Simply because we don't have them in AZ so it's a grey area?

yes, they are not addressed in the game regs same way as pigs or aoudads. the grey area would be getting home from the kaibab and going through Utah without a tag.

Strange for sure. I wonder if you could legally harvest it? A couple years back we had some swans hanging around our duck hunting grounds. We did not shoot them and instead called and was told we could not shoot them in Az. I am sure this is a little different case because they are federally controlled vs. state controlled, but just because something is not listed in the regs, does not mean you can shoot it.

I've seen mountain goat herds 4 hours ne of there so I'm not surprised.

I said ne.

La Sal

Seems kind of weird they are not under state control because the only federal laws I know of are migratory waterfowl and endangered species. We have some tahr over here that escaped and are feral. That is exactly how they are treated, shoot as many as you can find with no license required.

• Like 1