Sign in to follow this  
rossislider

Trail Camera Opinion/Review?

I've never before put up a trail camera, mostly because I am cheap and figure they would get stolen. But I was thinking about setting out a couple this year in preparation for my daughters first deer hunt. I think she would get a kick out of it and it would get her even more excited. I saw these Stealth cams at Sams Club and figured they are cheap enough that I would get to upset when they do go missing. I know they are pretty lower end, so are they worth the trouble?

https://www.samsclub.com/sams/stealth-cam-xs14-14mp-trail-camera%20w-card-reader-2pk%20/prod22303804.ip?xid=plp_product_1_1

2 for $100

post-6408-0-59998700-1532980814_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

I think those will do fine. Be careful where you put them, that area has a reputation for missing cams.

• Like 1

I thought about trying some but they had pretty awful reviews.

• Like 2

You just started a bad habit. Have fun, I love running cams almost as much as the hunt.

If you need some suggestions on camera models I can help. Also check out trailcampro.com

• Like 1

Don't expect to see to much and its no help figuring out a pattern, but very fun hoping the SD card has something on it besides someones butt.

• Like 1

Don't expect to see to much and its no help figuring out a pattern, but very fun hoping the SD card has something on it besides someones butt.

I think the main goal would be fun outings/hikes with the kids to set up, check, and hopefully get an idea if anything good is in the area.

Don't expect to see much because of the camera model or just trail cams in general?

• Like 1

That's great, camera is fine I've used $15 cameras before good pictures and doesn't hurt when taken, just don't use normal flash cams to close to roads , dead giveaway of a spot

• Like 1

I saw those. I checked reviews, which state "very slow trigger and recovery times", so I didn't buy them. They will probably be ok if you set them up looking down a trail or at a salt block. Try to avoid a passing shot or you may only get a rear end.

• Like 1

seen pics from a ton of cameras. There are pluses and minuses to all of them. Just buy them. Put them up and have a great time. As long as you don't compare them to a top camera you will think they are great. My cams are middle of the road at best and I have a blast with them. My kids want to look at the pics as much as me. Funny thing.......who cares about the big buck/ big bull.......the other critters are more fun to look at. young calves, fawns are super cool. Seeing the critters you rarely see are awesome like fox, lion, bear, ect. Cams are a blast. Your kid will enjoy them for sure

• Like 5

Set them out back at night and do a few walk guys to see what the trigger time is really like.