Sign in to follow this  
brademan76

What are the chances?

http://www.foxnews.com/great-outdoors/2018/07/30/nature-photographer-gets-license-for-wyomings-grizzly-bear-hunt-says-won-t-hunters-do-not-have-right.html

Article doesn't say specifically, but I would guess he bought the tag in an auction/flooded the raffle, or there was some collusion with someone "on the inside" who doesn't agree with the opening of the hunt and wanted to bring more attention to the issue.

If you don't know who this photographer is, I can almost guarantee you've admired one of his grizzly bear images before. Now he's siding with the anti's instead of the group (hunters) that funded (I would assume) a good piece of the conservation efforts that allowed these bears to exist at the populations they do now in their current US range. The same bears that he got filthy rich off of. I'm sure the tourist fees from Yellowstone/Grand Teton had a large impact as well, but this is just a slap in the face.

• Like 1

The way that Wyoming is going to work is kinda different. It was a draw so he was lucky. They are going to be hunting one at a time with a sow limit of 1. So if tag 1 shoots a sow the hunt is over and the other 9 don't have to pay the $6000 tag fee. Hopefully they get to this D bag and he has to pay $6k for his pics.

The way that Wyoming is going to work is kinda different. It was a draw so he was lucky. They are going to be hunting one at a time with a sow limit of 1. So if tag 1 shoots a sow the hunt is over and the other 9 don't have to pay the $6000 tag fee. Hopefully they get to this D bag and he has to pay $6k for his pics.

Except outside of the trophy area. There they are going after 25 of them.

Idiots that don't know what they are talking about as far as hunting goes. At least he's # 8 but that stupid #2 will waste 10 days.