Sign in to follow this  
PRDATR

Beretta 391 vs A400 anyone shot both?

I'd like to get a new shotgun and see the 391 looks like it isn't made anymore, or maybe I just can't find a new one. Not too sure on the blue 400 receiver or the foregrip shape.

I want one with nice wood not camp or syn in 12g for hunting. Might be time to retire my old Model 12 and go to an auto.

A 391 Urika 2 is what you want. Should be able to find a nice used one somewhere. Ive had 16 beretta autos and loved every one of them.

• Like 2

I'd like to get a new shotgun and see the 391 looks like it isn't made anymore, or maybe I just can't find a new one. Not too sure on the blue 400 receiver or the foregrip shape.

I want one with nice wood not camp or syn in 12g for hunting. Might be time to retire my old Model 12 and go to an auto.

I tried the same thing. Can not seem to break the habit of wanting to pull the pump back after every shot. Ended up going back to a model 12.

A 391 Urika 2 is what you want. Should be able to find a nice used one somewhere. Ive had 16 beretta autos and loved every one of them.

x2

and the wood on the 391 is nicer than anything I've seen on an A400. I've shot both-- the 391 w/ 2.75" for skeet and an A400 with 3.5" for duck hunting. For upland or just bustin clays a gently used 391 would be great.

For hunting ducks etc the A400 is the softest recoiling semi I've used compared to several I've hunted with (SBEII, M2, Browning Maxus and A5, Winchester SX3).

I tried the same thing. Can not seem to break the habit of wanting to pull the pump back after every shot. Ended up going back to a model 12.

This one is an early 50's model, vent rib etc. Just want something newer, have a Franchi 28g so looking to get a 12g, mostly for dove.

The A400 extreme is the 3.5. I think they make an a400 3 as well called a technys or something. Ive got 3 a400 extreme and like them for waterfowl but never run 3.5 shells as I think they are a scam and a waste of money personally. An a391 urika 2 will be prettier and point better then an extreme.

• Like 1

This one is an early 50's model, vent rib etc. Just want something newer, have a Franchi 28g so looking to get a 12g, mostly for dove.

I have a 12, 16, and 20 and have been working on talking a uncle out of his 28.

The A400 extreme is the 3.5. I think they make an a400 3 as well called a technys or something. Ive got 3 a400 extreme and like them for waterfowl but never run 3.5 shells as I think they are a scam and a waste of money personally. An a391 urika 2 will be prettier and point better then an extreme.

you repeated exactly what I said?