Sign in to follow this  
COUESAZ

broken hammer

I have a smith and wesson 38 spl. The hammer is broken off at the thumb lever. So it still works but i want the thump part on the hammer. Does anyone know how hard that would be to replace. I am in mesa and iff a shop close to home could do it i will take it to them. I know we have a guy that suports the site and i would love to be able to have him do the work but with diesle the price it is i can not drive them very far to get the work done.

• Like 1

I have a smith and wesson 38 spl. The hammer is broken off at the thumb lever. So it still works but i want the thump part on the hammer. Does anyone know how hard that would be to replace. I am in mesa and iff a shop close to home could do it i will take it to them. I know we have a guy that suports the site and i would love to be able to have him do the work but with diesle the price it is i can not drive them very far to get the work done.

Years back I found a stainless hammer for my S&W Model 629 on ebay and had it installed fitted by a local gunsmith. You may also find some parts at local gunshows.

Good luck,

280REM

It still works fine as a double action but i want to be able to use it both ways. I may just take it to a gun shop and have them fix it.

Years back I found a stainless hammer for my S&W Model 629 on ebay and had it installed fitted by a local gunsmith. You may also find some parts at local gunshows.

Good luck,

280REM

You can most likely get the part from GUN PARTS CO. also known as Numrich Arms, and do the work yourself. It is a drop in and only rrequire removing the Sidplate. Try it you wil be surprised how easy it was to do and wonder why it cost so much to have it done. If you can't get it from Numrich try S&W direct they sell parts, Ebay is also an option.

• Like 1

Win71, this thread is more than 10 YEARS OLD.

• Like 1

This guy called me out for having 12,000 posts and "no content". Now he's going exploring an digging up threads that are 10 plus year old!

You can most likely get the part from GUN PARTS CO. also known as Numrich Arms, and do the work yourself. It is a drop in and only rrequire removing the Sidplate. Try it you wil be surprised how easy it was to do and wonder why it cost so much to have it done. If you can't get it from Numrich try S&W direct they sell parts, Ebay is also an option.

I concur. Yellow front and western auto may be able to order you one too. Run down to checkers and get the cleaning solution before you start, robux also sells those items. If you would like to meet at the mercantile drug store I will buy you a chocolate soda and we can discuss it all.
  • Like 1

I just read the dam thig and tried to give someone some helpfull advise. If that is a bad thing don't read it. And KC is correct in that I comented his have no content. How else could someone post so many things without trolling throgh tha site.

As far as the thread being ten years old, whats it doing up there?????????????????

I just read the dam thig and tried to give someone some helpfull advise. If that is a bad thing don't read it. And KC is correct in that I comented his have no content. How else could someone post so many things without trolling throgh tha site.

As far as the thread being ten years old, whats it doing up there?????????????????

Waiting for someone to start it back up.
  • Like 1

Well I have been on this site for dang near half my life (15 years). And yes I've done plenty of trolling (and it is obviously blowing your skirt up since you have an "issue" with me and I don't have the slightest idea who you are).

It doesn't take much to accumulate 12k posts in 15 years.

KC think and you will remember me. It's not a skirt it is a Kilt, and your really easy. Wipe your tears and blow your nose. Are you going to try and get me in trouble on hear again?????????? If you don't understand any of this check Websters. This is my last responce. You loose

Bye

Larks Back! Wait he's not back. Bummer for sure!