Sign in to follow this  
218buck

Update to Game and Fish screw up

Just received this in the mail today it says unsuccessful hunt filled but clearly my daughters second choice was hunt 1190 and there were tags left for that hunt after they were done with the left overs When I spoke with the Game And Fish they told me they have not even received the application Now what should I do I feel that they owe her a deer tag for that hunt because they did screw up What should I do now

post-7688-0-34195700-1533174027_thumb.jpeg

From what I understand you called AZGF and they said they hadn't received your application yet and on that date, what ever it might be, you checked with their updated online leftover list there were still tags available for that hunt number. Then you get the voided/ unsuccessful tag application in the mail, so they did receive but after all the tags were filled. How do you know they received your application before all the tags were gone? The date stamp on the letter is from the post office not GF.

I am also assuming you used the convenient blue pre-addressed envelope which is to a different address then what GF instructs you to mail left over applications to which can also cause delays.

Also on your previous post about this, you claimed to have put in for the 33 muzzleloader hunt and this picture of your hunt number choices doesn't show 1184.

• Like 1

1190 is the 33 muzzleloader hunt, which he has as his second choice. They had 16 of those leftover after all the leftover apps were gone through. They made the mistake, they owe you a tag.

You are correct, I miss read the hunt numbers. He did have the 33 muzzy hunt listed. I just dont see how he is going to prove that they had received the application before all the tags were gone.

You sent the app to the wrong address. That is for the regular draw. Would they just reject it for that?

Just received this in the mail today it says unsuccessful hunt filled but clearly my daughters second choice was hunt 1190 and there were tags left for that hunt after they were done with the left overs When I spoke with the Game And Fish they told me they have not even received the application Now what should I do I feel that they owe her a deer tag for that hunt because they did screw up What should I do now

Waaaaaa, Waaaaa, what should I do, what should I do now now? Oh I know I will post this on the internet, that will fix it or whatever. :wacko:

• Like 3

The list of leftover tags is usually at least a day old by the time they update it. You sent the application to the wrong address, so it probably took an extra day or so to get to them. You'd have a hard time proving that it arrived in time.