Sign in to follow this  
Jazz

7w- First scout

First, some of you with cameras up in 7W on those Trick Tanks are going to laugh when you see all the moves we did when we checked them out.

And there's a bunch. One tank had 3 cam's stacked on top of each other. I told the boys we didn't even need to look for sign anymore- just count the cameras. more cameras = a better spot =)

The tricks definitely seemed to pull more talent than the open tanks. We hit about 12-15 water holes yesterday, and spent most of the day starting at the north entrance to Red Mountain. Those road stop abruptly. Some had signs up saying "Stay on numbered roads" next to a "Road Closed sign" and the gate was padlocked. (I got a pic of that). Quite the contradiction.

Also, we found elk- but nothing like I'd want to see before a hunt. Maybe we're looking in the wrong spots- I dunno. We're going back twice more before the mid youth cow hunt in October.

I'm glad the roads didn't suck. A stock F250 did fine. I'm taking the Yukon though next trip- better suspension.

Oh, and 7E is on fire. Not sure if it's planned, but there was some THICK smoke on the way out yesterday afternoon.

We might try coming up from Williams next trip. I don't think we found a decent area yet.

post-12305-0-60789500-1533581091_thumb.jpg

post-12305-0-41764900-1533581103_thumb.jpg

post-12305-0-21150600-1533581111_thumb.jpg

post-12305-0-37390100-1533581117_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Everyone know that sign you we're in the dog knobs nothing in more than alot of cows around there you need to try around the Hobbles.

• Like 1

Everyone know that sign you we're in the dog knobs nothing in more than alot of cows around there you need to try around the Hobbles.

Yup Nailed it.

Also.. while I'm here..

I noticed some of those white tubes were over the wire in some places. I call it Fat Elk crossing.

But they were on the bottom wire. I'm assuming something is crawling under. I'm not sure what it is.. most critters jump the fence?

Also.. while I'm here..

I noticed some of those white tubes were over the wire in some places. I call it Fat Elk crossing.

But they were on the bottom wire. I'm assuming something is crawling under. I'm not sure what it is.. most critters jump the fence?

Antelope crawl under

The PVC on the bottom is for antelope typically.

Also.. while I'm here..

Antelope crawl under

Hilarious to watch too. They all bunch up and go under the same spot one at a time. I've seen that a couple times in 19a. Funny critters.

• Like 1

The PVC on the bottom is for antelope typically.

Also.. while I'm here..

Antelope crawl under

Hilarious to watch too. They all bunch up and go under the same spot one at a time. I've seen that a couple times in 19a. Funny critters.

I bet! Thanks for the answers.