MMACFIVE

6.5-06 head stamped brass

When you go into Mexico they require that the head stamp on the brass matches the barrel. I have a 6.5-06 I would like to take this year.

Does anyone know where I can get brass with a 6.5-06 head stamp?

Hmmmmm Im going to have the same problem. I'm going to need to figure that out too

I believe I can be ordered from Quality Cartridge but also think they wait for several back orders to build up then make a run.

I wonder if it depends on where you cross. We cross at Douglass and I've never not had them check the head stamp.

Quality Brass states "Next run when sufficient back-order exist". I will give them a call. Thank you.

Guys, I have the solution for your problem..I think :rolleyes: Bertram Brass will have in a month or so brass stamped in 6.5 SAUM, 6.5 WSM, 6.5 PRC and some other besides the ones they already selling.

And yes, your ammo casing or brass must match what is stamped in your rifle barrel. They (Mexican Customs and/or Military) may not check your ammo, but if they do, it better match.

Here is a link to Bertram Brass..check them out. Maybe they have what you are looking for or ask them if they are planning to make it in a near future?

https://bertrambrass.com/

Thanks.

Ernesto C.

That sucks. No wildcats going to MX then. Good thing Rich is producing this now....

20180707_210117_zpswnsqejzx.jpg

And .280AI is now a factory produced case too.

Simple solution.....don't have your barrel stamped for cartridge designation.

That sucks. No wildcats going to MX then. Good thing Rich is producing this now....

mines scribed in the barel but its not legible, looks like a 3rd grader did it.
  • Like 1

For the purpose of taking it to a hunt in Mexico, the caliber must be stamped in the rifle barrel.

For the purpose of taking it to a hunt in Mexico, the caliber must be stamped in the rifle barrel.

So as long as its stamped on the rifle we are good right? Mine is a 6.5-270 AI stamp

to fix the wildcat issue just have the cal the brass has stamped on the barrel you know what the rifle is they don't that's what we did with a 7-300 win mag we just put 300 win mag on the barrel problem fixed

FWW. I have never had anyone in Mexico look at my ammo. They(customs) almost always ask how many cartridges are you bringing, but they never have looked. I have always wondered about the potential headstamp problem with a wildcat, but I guess it depends on who you get. The military has never even asked about cartridges.

• Like 1