I like the way that bullet is constructed. Looks like it will expand nicely, I think their on to something. I have not worked with the 6.5WSM but have done quite a bit of work with the 270WSM. Looking at your data you should be able to get to 3300fps easily. I noticed the ES while being 22 to 25fps( groups 1&7 ) would be much lower if it weren't for the lowest single velocity shot in each string of three. Had the same thing happing to me with 270WSM with the slower burning rate powders. Switched to H4831 regular cut and ES dropped to 8fps and my groups clustered into .25". Velocity actually rose a few fps. Might give it a try if you don't get where you want.

Dan 

The five shot group of 68.0gr shot better than the 68.5gr load this past weekend.  Now to order more bullets as I initially only ordered one box of 50 since I did not know how they would shoot.  Next will be to vary the seating depth.

• Like 1

Have you had the time to shoot those bulldozers lately? Is the o give and weight consistent? How do they compare to the Barnes LRX / TTSX  I am thinking about trying them in my 280. 

452b264- I weighed five of the bullets and all weighed 125.2 gr on my electronic scale.  Using the stoney-point comparator, all had the same base to ogive length.  I ended up loading 50 at 0.02 off the lands with a muzzle velocity of 3278 fps for the cow elk hunt.  I have not shot them into a media yet. 

I threw together some test loads with a few of the 127 LRX, 0.05 off the lands, and H1000, and 4 shot groups at 100 yards were 0.46 to 0.88".  Measuring four of the 127LRX, the ogive varied 0.02".  Three of four weighed 127.2gr, and one weighed 127.0

• Like 1