Sign in to follow this  
Chris

Any thoughts on the Winchester 101 ?

101 is a great over under. No off the shelf shot gun will fit her properly you most likely will have an adjustable but plate with recoil pad added by a good smith that specializes in shotguns. Some smiths have try guns for this purpose but don't know of any off hand. I will check with a source I know and get back to you in a few days . However, if the price is right the 101 is a good one to start with. Buy it.

Dan

• Like 1

I have a Win 101 Deluxe Field grade 12ga, and I love it. My go-to for dove and quail. I used it once for duck....won't be shooting the 3" mags out of it again. Dang.

Here are some articles/videos on shotgun fit:

https://www.nrafamily.org/articles/2017/7/26/how-to-properly-fit-a-shotgun/

http://blog.beretta.com/how-to-fit-your-shotgun-for-more-accurate-shooting

When I was looking for an O/U, I tried Berettas, Rugers, Brownings, Weatherbys, Winchesters. The one off the shelf that fit me the most naturally was the Weatherby.

• Like 1

A rifle will give you A little play with how it fits you, a shotgun won't. The old line is if a Beretta won't fit you, a Browning will.

• Like 1

While looking for an over/under I shouldered Benelli, Ruger, Browning, Franchi, and s few more, but I found the Win 101 was a fast, natural pointer for me, so I bought one. No regrets, and it performs very well. I also found the mid-range weight enough to be able to carry easily, but it is not too light for moderate loads. Nice o/u, and reasonably priced.