10Turkeys

Drop Tine Coues

Anyone ever take a drop tine. My buddy picked up a skull with a drop tine. I will see if I can get a pic from him. Pretty neat looking.

I passed a 90" buck with a 5" drop in Mexico and my buddy shot it...I still wish I would have shot it. Another guy killed a 112" with a 4 or 5" drop. One of my favorite bucks.

• Like 3

I've only ever seen one and it was in Mexico too. To small to shoot it was about a 70 " young buck......BOB!

Buddy killed a double drop tine 105 velvet buck spot and stalk first time ever hunting coues a few years ago. Ive never had the opportunity, but would love the chance...

^^^ why does it seam like the new guys kill great bucks their first few years of hunting Coues. Is it because they dont really know what they are doing but find the old bucks hid outs. Always amazes me to see the new guy holding a 100+ deer saying these Coues deer arent that hard to hunt.

• Like 1

Have never seen on in the field. Does anyone remember the double drop time Muley an archer took on the Kaibab many years ago? It was on the cover of a few magazines and was still in velvet.

I passed a 140" type 3 pt. mule deer buck a few years back with about a 5" drop below his G2 on his right beam a few years back..