Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

Promaster 525c

Anyone using the 525c? I had my heart set on the 325 but it is discontinued. I am a little worried about stability with the 4 leg segments.

Anyone have input?

I have a 525 carbon that I am very happy with. I can't compare it to the 325, but I feel that it's more stable than my old 3 section Slik (330 amt I think). I use a Jim White head and it's great with the 15's, and works ok for occasional use of a 65mm spotter. If I were going to use a bigger spotter I would want a more robust tripod head, but the tripod itself feels quite stable. One advantage the 525 has is that it collapses to a shorter height which fits in my pack nicely.

Thanks for the feedback. Ordered it from Cameraland. They beat amazon by $50 gave a lifetime warranty and told me if I am not happy with the stability though send it back.

Hard to beat that. Anxious to get it out and start panning the hills.

• Like 1

Bought two on a black friday deal from Cameraland a number of years ago. They have served me well.

I use a Vanguard PH-113V fluid head on 1 and a Outdoorsmans panhead on the other. I'd recommend using locktite on the bolts/nuts where the legs connect to the center housing. I've had them come loose, locktite cured the issue. Occasionally, I'll have an issue with collapsing the tripod legs (especially the 1st large section). With the compression nut loosened, gently rotate (back & forth) the section you are attempting to collapse, it should collapse easily. Periodically I dismantle the leg sections and remove dust & grit. I believe you will be pleased with your purchase.

• Like 1