Sign in to follow this  
Non-Typical Solutions

35th

Yesterday was the 35th for my wife and I........lots of years fishing, hunting, camping and doing absolutely everything together but this is how yesterday went down.

I suggested we go out and check trail cams after church and then take her out to Charley Clarks for steak and ribs.

She proposed we check trail cams after church and pack a picnic to eat while out in the woods.....that is my wife....love her to death!

So we are slow rolling down the dirt road looking for wildlife and as we come around a corner.......

Kelly: Have we gone over to look at that old fireplace and chimney before?

Jeff: Yes dear, it is an old ranch house plot with some remains of the foundation, remember we went and walked around it before.

(I got that look!!!)

So I turn off and we drive the two tracker over two it to investigate again. She is in her flip flops and shorts and I warn her to get a stick for rattlesnake control, which gets me an eye roll....so we go check out the chimney area.

Next thing I know she is walking up a little ridge to go "look".......

There are three water tanks close by the first one is dry, the second has a little water in it and I want to go see the third to check it out so we start following a fenceline to the third.

All the sudden.....

Kelly: Jeff there is something in that tree........

Which is a not so big juniper about 10' away from us.

Jeff after looking closely: It is a bear.....

Kelly: What should we do?

Jeff: Start backing up slow and we will just back off.

Kelly: Should we run.....

Jeff: Na we'll be ok.....

All the sudden the bear is bumbling out of the tree, crashing breaking limbs and Kelly takes off, I'm still backing up slowly waving my hands up in the air and hollering at the bear as it hits the ground and takes of running opposite direction.

Jeff: Honey.....come on back the bear took off!!!

Kelly is back and we head towards the tree again to walk to the water tank.

Kelly: Jeff!!!! there is still something in the tree..........

post-2034-0-46058300-1534194730_thumb.jpg

post-2034-0-37501300-1534195184_thumb.jpg

We watched this little guy as he bawled and ate berries and then finally came down and rambled off bawling the whole time.

We were vigilant as we watched from the truck, got out to take a few pictures but dang......alll because we had to go see that chimney again.....

Great day out in the woods!!!

• Like 5

So, not stick huh? LOL Congrats on the 35 years. Wife and I would be married 36 next month but 15 years ago she got a wild hair and had me move out. Our kids were 15 and 16 at the time and I was working my butt off. Never saw it coming. Daughter passed away two years later from a heart attack. House was going to be paid off in two years and I fast tracked our mortgage and did without so we could be debt free and pay for the kids college.

She couldn't handle the stress and wanted to make a go of it again but I told her the train has left the station and I just had no emotion left for her and felt really betrayed. Crazy.

• Like 1

Sounds like my wife, great lady you got there. And what else happened down that 2 tracker?

• Like 1