Sign in to follow this  
COA

Side Hustle

I am curious if anyone on here has a side gig outside of there regular job to generate more income.

I'm looking for extra gold coins on the side and I am open to ideas. Well..Anything outside of uber that's not my thing.

I'm in construction so I'm done at 3p and want to make some more $$$ to pay for whatever.

Feel free to share ideas... thanks.

• Like 1

Best side job you can have is in construction. Do some handyman stuff since you already know the trade. Since Im an auto tech I fixed a lot of cars on the side for many years. Finally got tired of it but the money was good. Or you can stuff envelopes for a Saudi prince?

• Like 3

Become a meth dealer. It practically sells itself.

MD33 is right though. Stick with what you know.

If your somewhat clean cut, personable etc. You could look into selling insurance part time on the side. You could look into National agents alliance.

I'm gonna hit remodeling hard the next year and pursue my insurance license when I get some time. I know some people who have killed it doing that.

• Like 3

Meth dealer that's funny, it's been said, construction side jobs, car ports, tuff sheds, decks, anything,, just stay under a thousand so they don't f with you.

• Like 1

Gigolo. Cougars got cash

Seriously speaking, if you get off at 3, it will probably be 4 by the time you can start another gig. Weekends are probably better? You could talk to some local property management companies and do some side maintenance / light remodel fix up type stuff? Licensing and insurance may be an issue, unless you fly under their banner?

• Like 2

Any artistic ability? I know one guy that gets scrap lumber and plywood from the dumpster of new home construction sites and builds doghouses.

• Like 1

We raised chocolate labs for quite a few years. Had two females and bred them once a year each. They were family dogs and we took good care of them, but you can get two litters a year if you wanted to. They were AKC with all the bells and whistles and people came from as far as Salt Lake to buy one. That was quite a few years ago and we always sold out. People who didn't have cash I was always willing to take a Home Depot gift card.

My full time schedule is four ten hour days and I have had an automation consulting gig on my days off for 12 years now. One contract with the local municipality. Started building control panels in my living room and it's grown into a large control system. 35 ethernet radios and RTU several PLC's and SCADA nodes.

Bought and flipped two homes in the past and made out OK doing all the work myself.

My advice is learn to live on what you make and go hunting and have fun while you can. Can't follow your dreams when your body's shot.

• Like 5

I agree with the handyman, small jobs and everyone need a good handyman.

• Like 1

If there's a demand for your skills and you already have the necessary tools/equipment, then go with what you know. That way you do not have to invest time or money into learning new stuff or buying new things. You can just go straight to making money.

I ran my own small business side gig for about 10 years before I went full time on my own. I grew very slow and cautiously, one piece of equipment at a time, so it never really put me at risk. It was hard to be patient at times, but now that I'm reaping the benefits, it was worth it.

• Like 4

Doing something different than your normal job can be a refreshing change of pace. My occupation is a commercial driver as in 18 wheelers. As a hobby I have and know how to operate old manual Machine Tools and assorted welding equipment. A number of years back I made a fair amount of money fabricating test fixtures for a group of Engineers working on small military and Aerospace R&D projects. I actually enjoyed it because it was so much different than driving.

Every school district I know of is looking for drivers. Many need drivers for the late routes after sports practice. Might not be your thing, kinda like a big yellow Uber.

• Like 1

Im going to be going into possibly selling honey on the side. I started out last year because of cactusjack. Just a few more things to get and Ill be selling next year. Its fun, do it on my own time and everyone wants fresh local honey. Extracted over 60 pounds today.

post-2686-0-90638300-1534303773_thumb.jpeg

• Like 3

Every school district I know of is looking for drivers. Many need drivers for the late routes after sports practice. Might not be your thing, kinda like a big yellow Uber.

I was just going to say "driver"! ;)

My recently college graduated son is making some extra cash by driving loads around the state one or two days a week for a small local freight company. Luckily they are flexible around his full-time job days. Maybe check something like that out.

Good luck!!

S.