hoghntr

Ok i was donated a 13b archery tag NOW WHAT? 😯

What your doctor doesn't know won't hurt them.  If a scouting package isn't too pricey you might try that. Just ask the guide for some hot tanks. Someone might message you some hot tanks from this website being that you fight for this country. Pray for the rain to stop, so the tanks are good, and so the deer aren't so spread out.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, brian390 said:

What your doctor doesn't know won't hurt them.  If a scouting package isn't too pricey you might try that. Just ask the guide for some hot tanks. Someone might message you some hot tanks from this website being that you fight for this country. Pray for the rain to stop, so the tanks are good, and so the deer aren't so spread out.

With what i have been thru with this foot/ankle/achilles trust me i'm more on the precautios side then the doc. :) yes rain kinda worries me. I have had plenty of info sent my way by some helpful folks on here. Also have map headed my way and a pdf map layover deal i don't understand yet L.O.L. guys have always helped me out on here when i need it. Now if i could get 5 new bfg's i'd be set! 😂

I cannot hunt 1st week for sure. I have got message with guides hints but guess deer not looking good at all... He doesn't realize a big fat forkie will look fine to me. 😜 

All last year achilles issue built up and basically could barely walk after Nov. Surgery in January by Va and recovery 5+ months but surgery failed new surgery 6 weeks in cast still have stitches in and cast on. Cast off for stitches out wed my leg is starting to look like a 95 year old man with zero muscle 😧 now i may get walking boot or another cast that is gonna make huge difference. *And still if i don't find reliable person to go with real quick i will donate tag back for,someone,more able* I asked for only later rifle huntsl/muzzy/archery  to be considered for me this year but when this was dangled in face with guides help and a driver i could not turn it down but it turns out circumstances are a bit different and i just cannot in any way consider this solo.

Fingers crossed!

5 hours ago, brian390 said:

Did you find anyone to go with? Is your wife going?

Gonna see doc tomorrow and will know more then. For sure not going this 1st weekend. Wife will go IF SHE HAS TO. She has been babysitting me for long enough so could probably use little break. :)

• Like 1

Can you donate it to another vet that can use it? Hate to see that tag not get used. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Can you donate it to another vet that can use it? Hate to see that tag not get used. 

Debated that but hunt is also 3 weeks long so i can make it work.

That’s a shame to let that tag go to waste.    Understand life happens but it could have been passed another deserving person.  

• Like 6

I asked him this on another thread. He wasn't able to go, but luckily he was donated a second premium tag and was able to make that one!

it Is what it is , he tried, he's not whining about his unfortunate disabilities, so we shouldn't whine about a hunt that wasn't ours..

• Like 6

Firstcoueswas80 you are trailer trash.  Go to monster Muley dude.