The Deer Guy

AZ Unit 23 Archery Deer

On 8/17/2018 at 11:40 AM, oz31p said:

It’s posible to kill deer with a bow in 23 with out driving up and down any road.  That’s all I’ll say 

Perfect cause I don’t plan on doing any driving other than to a trailhead or campsite.

22 hours ago, wildwoody said:

Concord rd, walk the pines of the right side after whispering hope ranch, I've chased tons of mulies in there, ya I never connected..

Wildwoody,

Thanks for the info! Thanks to the flexability of my job (firefighter/paramedic), I’ll be up there during the week. Trying to avoid the crowds.

No Deer in 23 ,They Moved onto the Rez. .........and Lions are in every unit as well and Californians................BOB!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, naturebob said:

No Deer in 23 ,They Moved onto the Rez. .........and Lions are in every unit as well and Californians................BOB!

Dang I hate those Californians! Terrible hunters.........JOSH from Southern California

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, The Deer Guy said:

Dang I hate those Californians! Terrible hunters.........JOSH from Southern California

All joking aside you just signed your own warrant. We realy do hate Californians. 

• Like 4

57 minutes ago, oz31p said:

All joking aside you just signed your own warrant. We realy do hate Californians. 

Believe me I hate most Californians as much as the rest of you. If I wasn't committed to a 30 yr career as a firefighter I would have moved a long time ago.

• Like 1

I read your pm and I stand by my comments. I have yet to “publicly bash out of state hunters”, although I am capable of it. 

the reason you remain a Californian is irrelevant. No one likes Californians. Your at the end of a long list of out of state hunters who post all hot and heavy on this site then Once a single season has came and gone they are never heard from again. 

2 hours ago, oz31p said:

I read your pm and I stand by my comments. I have yet to “publicly bash out of state hunters”, although I am capable of it. 

the reason you remain a Californian is irrelevant. No one likes Californians. Your at the end of a long list of out of state hunters who post all hot and heavy on this site then Once a single season has came and gone they are never heard from again. 

Guess you even hate the Beach Boys too.

4 hours ago, oz31p said:

LMAO he pm'd you. Typical thin skinned Ca Liberal.

your post is spot on with all escouters, out of stater's maybe .000000001% will hang around a forum after initiial questions are asked. in staters usually about 1-2% of the escouters hang around.

Theres a few out of staters that come on every year once they get drawn looking for help ina  unit, but yet they never  post any details. always takeing never giving. typical of todays society

• Haha 1

To me, PMing someone who speaks negatively about the entire population of your state and, therefore, you personally, is more honorable and certainly more gentlemanly than engaging in a public internet urinating exhibition.   We may not agree with the politics of our neighboring states (or even of our own state) but to say that we dislike nearly 40 million fellow Americans based on the state in which they reside is an overreach.

Josh, 23 is a huge and very diverse unit.  There are no bad areas.  There's thick timber in the northern parts but there are also lots of places to glass from throughout the unit.  Get good binoculars and put them on a good tripod.  You'll be surprised at what you see.  It may not be what you have a tag for but, nonetheless, it'll be cool. 

• Like 7

I just got back from SO Cal now 9pm in my SEMI. Trust Me I really hate it.........LOL. But its work and Son lives in Hunington Beach...............BOB!

• Like 1

On 8/15/2018 at 9:04 PM, The Deer Guy said:

Hey guys/gals,

First time posting so here it goes. I’ve been planning a trip for AZ archery deer in September and I’ve finally narrowed it down to unit 23 (mainly because my buddy lives in Payson). I’ve been scouting the unit with On X maps and I’ve dropped pins on a bunch of water holes, glassing knobs, etc. I’ve never been to the area and I was just wondering if anyone has tips. I don’t expect people to give out their honey holes and I know the deer numbers are fairly low but any help would be appreciated. Just general information would be great like what elevation to look at, what vegetation to focus on, pretty much anything would be awesome.

thanks,

Josh

You will be in Payson every direction you look is unit 22 and plenty of deer of both species. Just a thought. Deer, turkey, *bear if still opens same day?