Sign in to follow this  
trphyhntr

Sea of Cortez 8/18

Whaaaat?  I thought you'd forsaken Lobos for Cabo.  And those are some really nice groupers.   Sweaty time to be in Lobos, so you earned those fish.  Whose boat did you fish out of, if you don't mind me asking?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, audsley said:

Whaaaat?  I thought you'd forsaken Lobos for Cabo.  And those are some really nice groupers.   Sweaty time to be in Lobos, so you earned those fish.  Whose boat did you fish out of, if you don't mind me asking?

Nah never lol, I like it in lobos. That's toms boat, at least it has a little shade.  

Nice catch bud. What's the best time of year to be down there? I have a friend with a place down in San Carlos Nuevo Guaymas and he is always trying to get me to drive down that way to go drinking and fishing with him.

On 8/19/2018 at 8:45 PM, Coach said:

I'd love to see the fillets off of those. Thanks for sharing.

Got 11lbs of grouper filets off these. Ate about 3lbs this weekend it was delicious.

6 minutes ago, metau said:

Nice catch bud. What's the best time of year to be down there? I have a friend with a place down in San Carlos Nuevo Guaymas and he is always trying to get me to drive down that way to go drinking and fishing with him.

For the yellowtail the winter and spring are best. This is a ways north of San Carlos, you get a little more exotic bite there with dorado sailfish tuna Marlin in the summer and fall time 

7 minutes ago, trphyhntr said:

For the yellowtail the winter and spring are best. This is a ways north of San Carlos, you get a little more exotic bite there with dorado sailfish tuna Marlin in the summer and fall time 

Would love to do some fly fishing for sailfish, and marlin has been on my bucket list since before I was about 4 years old. Maybe need to do a bit more research into the summer fishing down there.