AZ8

Archery OTC. Who's ready?

I prefer Dec/Jan hunts as they're more enjoyable! Both in activity and weather. There are 2 things that usually end my August hunt before tagging out:  The heat and the bugs!  This year, I'm going to move up a little higher in elevation to try and beat the heat. Bug wise, I found some odorless spray at Wally World I'm going to try. Although I'm a little weary even if it's says odorless. 

I haven't done much scouting this year due to work, family..etc, so going in somewhat blind. Fortunately I'm pretty comfortable where I'm going so I'll give it my best. 

Good luck everyone!

• Like 3

A day in the hills beats any day of work, although snakes, bugs and the heat sucks. Were finally getting some decent rain out here so the bugs are out in full force. good luck in the weeks to come .

I am not ready.  Work is happening right now.  I haven't scouted.  Will be lucky if i make it out at all.

• Like 1

Totally ready, fitness is good , weight is good, bow is on, broadheads dialed, tags in the bag, mules are ready, just happened to be doing some trailer wiring today then it's an oil change and we head out on Sunday for 5 days in the woods. 

Good luck all. 

• Like 4

I'm always ready to go hunting, this year will be the 1st year in 4 years Daughter and I dont hit it hard. last 3 years we hit it hard both for deer and elk in the same unit it was really tiring. drive back to the valley monday thursday 12-15 hours a day then leave from work and go hunting friday through sunday night

got a concert sunday that I forgot all about and wife and daughter are looking forward and daughter is working friday and sat. so I will work too which I was going to do anyway but now she cant blame not going on me this time ;) after the holiday weekend we will hit it a few times, then dec and jan very hard. I hate snakes and crowds so not too worried about missing the 1st 2 weeks.

good luck to the rest of you

1 hour ago, MULEPACKHUNTER said:

Totally ready, fitness is good , weight is good, bow is on, broadheads dialed, tags in the bag, mules are ready, just happened to be doing some trailer wiring today then it's an oil change and we head out on Sunday for 5 days in the woods. 

Good luck all. 

Heck of a plan...

I havent really been able to scout all that much this year until yesterday. I went to a spot where I normally find half way decent bucks and found a stud coues. The bad thing is I wont be able to hunt Friday or Saturday. Luckily I never run into people in that spot. Goodluck to everyone!

I’m as ready as I’ll ever be.  Just need to throw my bow, treestand and tent in the truck and start driving.

forecast looks like rain all weekend so I guess I’ll bring an umbrella too.

good luck guys

Not going to be able to make it for the opener, but not to bummed. I haven't scouted at all, but know my area well.

It will be more of a scouting hunt for my late rifle elk hunt this year. probably going out next weekend for 4 days.

Good luck everyone!!

Headed out tomorrow for the week. Not too much activity this yr in my spots. I think we might drop down a little lower and try to find some bears in the pears before the unit closes.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, bonecollector said:

Headed out tomorrow for the week. Not too much activity this yr in my spots. I think we might drop down a little lower and try to find some bears in the pears before the unit closes.

That’s too bad. I was hoping we tag out on the same day again this year 😎

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Forlorn Hope said:

I prefer Dec/Jan hunts as they're more enjoyable! Both in activity and weather. There are 2 things that usually end my August hunt before tagging out:  The heat and the bugs!  This year, I'm going to move up a little higher in elevation to try and beat the heat. Bug wise, I found some odorless spray at Wally World I'm going to try. Although I'm a little weary even if it's says odorless. 

I haven't done much scouting this year due to work, family..etc, so going in somewhat blind. Fortunately I'm pretty comfortable where I'm going so I'll give it my best. 

Good luck everyone!

I’ve been successful early season and late but I much prefer early. 

Im going about things alittle diferant this year. Just day trips and quick overnighters then pack in for the last 5 days of season. I found an area that when deer get pressure they take refuge in, so gonna pack in there

I’ve grown to love early season archery. Gives you a chance to get a crack at bucks that are still on a pattern and haven’t been hunted in 7 months. Headed out Friday evening for 10 days. I’ve got a date with a giant buck that hit my camera. Hopefully i’ll have a story to report

• Like 6

4 hours ago, oz31p said:

That’s too bad. I was hoping we tag out on the same day again this year 😎

Things can change when I check some cams tomorrow when I get up there. Good Luck!