broadhead

The day is upon us! Let's hear the reports!

I passed a couple small button bucks & had a bear cub directly under my stand on opening morning.

Buddy killed a big fork horn coues buck on day 3.  Looks like he was a pretty old genetic forky.  Stud deer.

• Like 1

Keep at it. This moon is gonna switch and so will the deer. I notice when the moon is waning deer begin to be active earlier and earlier in the evening. Eventually they’ll water late afternoon

Man your not kidding all the bucks I've been seeing went nocturnal 3 days before the hunt stared. Can't wait until it goes away.

• Like 1

We were out for the first 4 days. Buddy killed a bear on Saturday. No deer activity at any of my spots. Glad I didnt waste my time sitting, I was checking cards and nothing showed up.

Keep at it Greyghost

12 minutes ago, bonecollector said:

We were out for the first 4 days. Buddy killed a bear on Saturday. No deer activity at any of my spots. Glad I didnt waste my time sitting, I was checking cards and nothing showed up.

Keep at it Greyghost

all my spots had great bucks coming in as well checked cards and nada, that rain all week befor the opener hurt. my wife did get a spiker on Friday still trying to get a few of the family tagged out

• Like 1

Well, slowest day yet. One dinky coues buck came by about an hour ago. According to the camera, the deer activity seems to be picking up right before dark so I'm going to sit until dark tonight. 2, 150-160" muley bucks hit yesterday evening when I was away. Hope neither of them show up this evening, they're getting harder to pass up. Getting a little hotter each day. Weather is supposed to change a little bit tomorrow. I figured with the pressure dropping, they'd be more active today. Here's to hoping my hunch about evening activity pays off. 15 hours in this sauna isn't easy

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Well, slowest day yet. One dinky coues buck came by about an hour ago. According to the camera, the deer activity seems to be picking up right before dark so I'm going to sit until dark tonight. 2, 150-160" muley bucks hit yesterday evening when I was away. Hope neither of them show up this evening, they're getting harder to pass up. Getting a little hotter each day. Weather is supposed to change a little bit tomorrow. I figured with the pressure dropping, they'd be more active today. Here's to hoping my hunch about evening activity pays off. 15 hours in this sauna isn't easy

Stick with it GG.  You know the game, it's long hours that gets it done.  If you're not going to shoot one of those muleys, try to get a picture at least por favor???

I'll post up some photos when I get better service. I have to hold my iPad above my head and in the corner of the blind to get enough service to post some updates for ya'll. The buck I'm after is pretty "special". If I can't get it done with a bow, I'll be back with a rifle in a couple months. Funny fact, he spends most of his time with a herd of muley bucks. I've seen his herd twice, but he hasn't been with them. And on a side note, scent killer works pretty well as a makeshift misting system

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

You practice and practice year round for the one day to come. The day a toad of a deer that you’ve been dreaming about ,waiting for and chasing  comes within range and you choke to buck fever.   I hate it but at the same time that rush is so addicting.   

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, muledeerarea33? said:

Gosh darn 12 points are hard to kill! Go after that bugger!

Yes. They. Are