broadhead

The day is upon us! Let's hear the reports!

Been in the blind for about 8 hours today. Been slow. Happy to say the buck I've been after for 3 years now is back. Hopefully I catch him slippin'. 

• Like 4

Fell asleep Sat afternoon.  Laying down in spare ocotillos.  Heard hooves, like they would run over me.  Slowly moved, heard an explosion of hooves, and saw a small buck ten yards away, on the other side of a fence.  While my arrow lay on my bow, nocked (I am learning), it  pointed the other way.  His buddy and him never really figured me out, but did not like my initial movement and smell.  I am not a good shot laying down, and am looking to harvest a bigger one then usual. 

Got on them the next morning, but was backlit at 40 yards.  Even though I had gone from my knees to lay on an elbow, the sun made me look like a stump, and I moved a bit as a doe came into the picture.  A younger buck with the other bucks did not the ASAT stump either.  Had I moved to a nearby mesquite trunk, I'd be posting a picture. 

• Like 2

Well, day 3 of the sit. Passed on 4 muleys yesterday, biggest was about a 20" 3-point. 3 more muleys passed again today. Biggest was a pretty nice 22" maybe 150" 4-point. Briefly thought about killing him the 2nd time he came back and stood at about 30 yards for 10 minutes. This big moon seems to have the bigger coues bucks off their pattern. 6 days left 

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Well, day 3 of the sit. Passed on 4 muleys yesterday, biggest was about a 20" 3-point. 3 more muleys passed again today. Biggest was a pretty nice 22" maybe 150" 4-point. Briefly thought about killing him the 2nd time he came back and stood at about 30 yards for 10 minutes. This big moon seems to have the bigger coues bucks off their pattern. 6 days left 

Good action. 

I had my first stalk of the season yesterday evening. Went out after work and turned up a buck I have pretty well patterned. I got to 58 yards of his bed but didnt have a shot. I decided to play it safe and back out since I was losing day light quick. I would rather take my chances than make a bad shot any day of the week.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Keep at it GG85-hold out for him.......

Well, looks like I'm the only one updating this thread. Mainly out of boredom from the blind. Another day is about in the books. The wind starts swirling pretty bad at about 2:00 and I haven't had a deer hit this area past about 1:00pm in 6 weeks, so I pack 're in everyday at about 2-3. Had one decent 3 point muley come in at about 5:45am today is all. A couple guys on horseback with a couple cow dogs came through a couple hours ago. Didn't see the blind but I'm guessing it didn't help the deer movement. About 50 hours logged in this sweat box so far

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Well, looks like I'm the only one updating this thread. Mainly out of boredom from the blind. Another day is about in the books. The wind starts swirling pretty bad at about 2:00 and I haven't had a deer hit this area past about 1:00pm in 6 weeks, so I pack 're in everyday at about 2-3. Had one decent 3 point muley come in at about 5:45am today is all. A couple guys on horseback with a couple cow dogs came through a couple hours ago. Didn't see the blind but I'm guessing it didn't help the deer movement. About 50 hours logged in this sweat box so far

Maybe so but we’re still showing up to get updates. 

Do do you have a camera up during the hours your not there??

43 minutes ago, oz31p said:

Maybe so but we’re still showing up to get updates. 

Do do you have a camera up during the hours your not there??

Yeah, it stays up. Swapping the cards every afternoon when i leave. Lots of night activity. Had somewhere between 12-15 bucks hit it last night

• Like 1