CatfishKev

Another Payson Question

So my wife eventually wants a pool when we move to Payson, however we were looking at a house in East Verde estates that's just a very short walk to I believe its the upper verde. Were told everybody swims in it in the summer and of course If we got this place we'd have no need to buy a pool nor the room for it anyway.  

So here's the question, is the water super cold compared to most swimming pools most of the time, or is it actually nice to swim in?

Thanks

It's the East Verde. I used to swim in it when I was a kid. I don't remember it being real cold.

2 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

So my wife eventually wants a pool when we move to Payson, however we were looking at a house in East Verde estates that's just a very short walk to I believe its the upper verde. Were told everybody swims in it in the summer and of course If we got this place we'd have no need to buy a pool nor the room for it anyway.  

So here's the question, is the water super cold compared to most swimming pools most of the time, or is it actually nice to swim in?

Thanks

I don't think there is any actual swimming going on there, more like wading in and getting wet. Get the pool.

I'm really kind of torn. Not so much about the pool or no pool but having a creek close by.  I grew up in PA with a creek across the street and woods behind my house. Us kids were outside all the time.  So the house by the creek would be a bit of a tight squeeze but I would love to see my kids have that opportunity. The other option is I can get a manufactured home for near cost and put on a parcel that backs the forest with no creek nearby.  Big garden potential and a lot of bang for the buck.  If it was up to me alone I think I'd go for double wide against forest, but I feel every kid needs a creek nearby growing up.

Way back in the 60s it was the place everyone went swimming.

I know the tonto is almost a trickle now compared to then because the brush and vegetation has grown from suppressing fires.The spot on the Verde was close to the highway where it turns west. Lost some skin and blood on those rocks swinging on the rope with too many guys at the same time.

I know the spot/area... and although ive never stopped there...I have seen the hoards of people that do stop there.  Having a nice creek next to, or even walking distance,  would be nice...but I think if it were me, I would opt for the property next to the forest. Kids can find their own adventures in a place like that...and family trips to find somewhere to play in the water. There's more options close to that area for family swim time.

And now my rant about a pool. Skip it! We bought our house in Gilbert 13 months ago. I didn't want a pool, but got out voted. We did find a nice house, with yep, a pool. Now when we were searching,  the step daughter was in swim lessons, and every chance (family friends etc) she would be in the pool.  Since we moved to a house with a pool... I can count how many times on one hand she was in the water this summer.  And I would say in the past 13 months I would say the lady and the step son have been in the pool less than 10 times a piece.

The cost of upkeep, electricity, and the time spent cleaning the neighbors leaves from my pool... I would have rather not have it.

$27500.00  120' creek front , 900 square feet in Christopher creek. Right now, a pool in Payson thats funny, $30000 impact fees to have a pool..

25 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

$27500.00  120' creek front , 900 square feet in Christopher creek. Right now, a pool in Payson thats funny, $30000 impact fees to have a pool..

The schedule of fees for Payson shows a $300 (that's HUNDRED) fee plus hourly plan review for a pool.  Also, I don't believe Beaver Valley Estates is incorporated into the Town, but I could be mistaken.

Water restrictions is a good point. We took our new trailer up for its maiden voyage. And we goofed off waiting to see if it would rain on Saturday instead of kayaking. We drove into Beaver valley estates and one other spot. Payson (area) has high water restrictions.

another reason to go with the forest bordered property... would suck to pay ofr a house with a pool...(or add one) and have it sit 1/2 empty for the summer when the water restrictions go into effect

4 minutes ago, ctafoya said:

Above ground pool. 

in ground, above ground,... a steal cattle tank... water restrictions are water restrictions.

• Like 1

Get a trailer backed up against the forest, have your own well, fill your above ground pool. 

• Like 1

No I believe it's been reduced to $30k.  Plus we have the CC Cragon water project, new 100 proven water source, property value will go up, just saying, and why do you need a pool in Payson