Sign in to follow this  
Jerimeister

BTX VS STX

Hi all,

I am looking to get a new spotting scope. I am torn between either the BTX with the 1.7 magnifier or the stx eyepiece. Weight isn't that big of an issue. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

Welcome to the forum. IMO, you'd be better served with the STX giving you variable zoom power vs a fixed 30x and 51x power.

Please give us a call to discuss it, it would be our pleasure to assist you with this transaction

• Like 2

well that is apples to oranges.   I think of the BTX as powerful bino's and the other as a spotting scope.   I guess it depends on what you are planning to do with the optics.   If you are just going to use it as a spotter then get the STX.   If you are going to look out of them trying to find game....then you have to go with the BTX.   I can't look through a spotting scope for more than 30 minutes and then I get a huge headache.   It really screws with your vision if you are only looking through one eye.   If you are just judging an animal then the spotter is perfect.    Actually wanting to look for game.   I couldn't use a spotter.   My head hurts just thinking about it.   

Keep in mind that the BTX can also be used as a spotter but the STX can't be use to look for game for long periods of time.  

• Like 2

I'm a sponsor of the forum and a Swarovski dealer. My site is sportoptics.com. I offer specials to members of this forum. 

• Like 1