Ernesto C

Chronograph, which one?

Well, after that interesting reading and reviews I will be ordering the Magnetospeed...the labradar to rich for my blood.

3 hours ago, Ernesto C said:

Well, after that interesting reading and reviews I will be ordering the Magnetospeed...the labradar to rich for my blood.

Ha!. I wish I had your money.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

No issues with people at the next table.  

Gives ES, SD, average velocity,  5 velocities at different distances.  Reallly easy set up right at your table, no weight on your barrel to change barrel harmonics, easy to switch rifles while shooting without touching it, easy recall features.

I set up at the range last year next to a guy using a Lab Radar. My gun registered on his chrono. It was his first time out with the Lab Radar and he dismissed it as operator error on his part and said he would go over the manual when he got home. After he left It occurred to me that I might have been the problem. I took the bench to his left. The catch is that I shoot left handed so I was on the right side of my bench. That put my rifle much closer to his than it would have been if I was another right handed shooter. Any idea how much separation between rifles is needed to prevent reading the wrong rifle?

You program the distance your barrel will be from the unit.  It also has a sight on it that you point at your target.  If set up properly it won’t register other rounds.  It’s super easy to use.  Not as cheap as other options but I think it’s the most reliable chrono available!  Love the app too!  You can arm and disarm from your phone as well as see all your shot strings and data anytime on your phone.

13 minutes ago, 300RUM said:

I set up at the range last year next to a guy using a Lab Radar. My gun registered on his chrono. It was his first time out with the Lab Radar and he dismissed it as operator error on his part and said he would go over the manual when he got home. After he left It occurred to me that I might have been the problem. I took the bench to his left. The catch is that I shoot left handed so I was on the right side of my bench. That put my rifle much closer to his than it would have been if I was another right handed shooter. Any idea how much separation between rifles is needed to prevent reading the wrong rifle?

When I'm shooting know one is shooting beside me.😄

I have had a few Chrony's without much problem from any of them.  I start with the info I get then adjust my ballistic software for actuals by shooting at 3-4 distances.   The only thing I don't like is the shades and the little metal poles which are a pain to eep track of and get set up but just about all of them have the same set up.

20 hours ago, PRDATR said:

Ha!. I wish I had your money.

LOL and wish I had yours :)  To bad we do not live in the same town Chris, we could go 50/50 on the Chrono.

1 hour ago, Ernesto C said:

LOL and wish I had yours :)  To bad we do not live in the same town Chris, we could go 50/50 on the Chrono.

Or you could just use my Ohler.

On 9/4/2018 at 6:35 PM, bustedknuckleinc said:

You program the distance your barrel will be from the unit.  It also has a sight on it that you point at your target.  If set up properly it won’t register other rounds.  It’s super easy to use.  Not as cheap as other options but I think it’s the most reliable chrono available!  Love the app too!  You can arm and disarm from your phone as well as see all your shot strings and data anytime on your phone.

It also has a trigger sensitivity, so if youre at the tange and next to someone with a muzzle break you bump up the setting and should be good.