Adicted

This new forum layout

1 hour ago, GJMauro12 said:

I only get 1 page of new content and if I click load more activity nothing comes up. I’ve switched my filters a few times and it hasn’t helped. 

My filter settings are posted below. Does anyone notice something I should change? 

A75ACE20-0AE9-46C6-9782-199A4C0E0491.png

Could it just be that only one page of content exists since your last visit?  On my computer, if I click on load more activity and nothing comes up, it's because all activity was displayed on the first page.  It depends on how frequently you visit.  If you visit once every few days it will have pages of activity, if you are coming multiple times a day, it may only be that a page worth of new content has been posted since your last visit.

On 9/24/2018 at 4:59 AM, CouesWhitetail said:

what specifically do you find difficult?  are you using your phone mostly or computer?  What internet browser are you using?  

Sorry for just complaining and not being more specific:

I did not like how under "unread content" (which is how I keep up with new posts)  there were individual posts instead of threads. Also how if you clicked on a thread it scrolled you down to the bottom to see the most recent post. It appears that this has been changed back to how it used to be and is no longer a problem for me. Thanks!

• Like 1

I pretty much quit the forum with this new layout.  90% of the time I access on my iPhone.  Now the add banner at the top of the forum takes up the entire screen and scrolling down to read comments is a pain.  I also miss the new content section that is default on the home screen.  

• Like 1

Hate to admit it, and with all due respect to Amanda for creating this awesome place that has been a part of my daily life for decades, it just doesn't feel and look the same. Every morning I get my cup of coffee and come on CWT. I've shared countless hunts and stories, and even personal struggles. It just felt like a second home.

I'm trying to adjust to the change but it just doesn't seem like the same place anymore. I just want to thank Amanda for what she created, The community of people who would never have met without this forum. I'll support it and keep trying to post, but it really feels like you went on vacation and came home to find your home was remodeled without being involved or even part of the process.

But in reality, as much time as I spend here, I'm a guest, and as a guest I respect the wishes of those running the site and will do my best to adjust. 

• Like 4

I don't like it either, but it is what it is. Its like G &F app page ,did it today and hated it..  Love it or leave it..............BOB!

Amanda

everything looks fine on a pc and works fine. (well except my home pc still wont connect so I cant read the forum unless I am at work cox is still f'd up as we discussed)

anyway back to the problem peoples are having. I am assuming on phones?

the add is huge on a phone and you have to scroll sideway. other than that everything works perfect ie search etc etc.

to fix the ad I think you need to convert the ad pictures to a PNG file instead of a jpg or gif. we had this problem on azbasszone many years ago when the resolutions of computer screens changed like every month. there is also a code that you put in the script to make the file use the aspect of the image to consider with the users screen size.

Phones were made for Fagbook, they didnt care about old forums. now the forum companies are trying to make them phone usuable. which is a pain due to so many different phones and NO STANDARDS like with a PC.

I dont know anythign about this type of forum just V bulletin. but they all appear to be the same.

there might even be a fix for the JPG and GIF images as well now.

I believe it use's percentages instead of using a certain dedicate picture size like you have in your code.

My phone is an I-phone 5s from long ago. I have no clue how to do screen shots or I would post up a few. I am smart phone stupid and want to stay that way.

If I do remember anything else on size issue I will let you know

• Thanks 1

Sorry to hear so many continue to dislike the new forum layout.  Trust me, I would have left it the same if I could have, but much like you can't keep the same old version of Windows forever due to security issues, I had to upgrade the software.  I put it off for a year more than I should have.  So we are just gonna have to live with it.  Although some of you say you are spending less time here, the number of new topics, posts, reactions, and new users continues to increase.  So it seems most people are adjusting and figuring out how it all works.  The only thing I can offer for those that don't like the format is to try the different themes (aka skins) and find one that you like better than others.  The theme I use as a default theme now has almost the same color pattern as the old one and the posting and view new content works almost identically.  I am not sure what it is that bothers some people as it seems to function just like the old one to me, it just looks a little different.  The more specific you can be about your issue, the easier it is for me to customize the layout to match what people want.   

Delw...thanks so much for the idea about converting to PNG format.  I will try that!!  hopefully it will solve that ad problem.  I wonder why it wasn't a problem with the older version of this forum software?  

On 10/9/2018 at 4:24 PM, CouesWhitetail said:

I wonder why it wasn't a problem with the older version of this forum software?  

You know thats a good question. was it a stand alone cel add-on? it could also be when the forums changed everything to to new format for he new windows and such along with the newer server settings php(the main data servers are upgrading to, due to security and such)) stuff thats when things started going wacky for everyone that had a forum .

I know VB when they changed to the news style everything got messed up on the cel  side. like azbasszone always ran good on cell as well but the software was 7 years old. when VB did there new format I set up a few boards with it and had nothing but issues on the cel side silly stuff like users are describing here.

one I left stock and it worked fine on the cel side. one I played around with colors templates fonts images etc etc and it looked like a garbage dump on the cell side so I changed it back to stock.

you'll get it it, just takes time.

• Thanks 1

On 10/9/2018 at 4:24 PM, CouesWhitetail said:

Sorry to hear so many continue to dislike the new forum layout.  Trust me, I would have left it the same if I could have, but much like you can't keep the same old version of Windows forever due to security issues, I had to upgrade the software.  I put it off for a year more than I should have.  So we are just gonna have to live with it.  Although some of you say you are spending less time here, the number of new topics, posts, reactions, and new users continues to increase.  So it seems most people are adjusting and figuring out how it all works.  The only thing I can offer for those that don't like the format is to try the different themes (aka skins) and find one that you like better than others.  The theme I use as a default theme now has almost the same color pattern as the old one and the posting and view new content works almost identically.  I am not sure what it is that bothers some people as it seems to function just like the old one to me, it just looks a little different.  The more specific you can be about your issue, the easier it is for me to customize the layout to match what people want.   

Delw...thanks so much for the idea about converting to PNG format.  I will try that!!  hopefully it will solve that ad problem.  I wonder why it wasn't a problem with the older version of this forum software?  

Amanda, where do I find how many pts I have and where I am on the leaderboard?

Amanda why dont you have a list of how many times a person checks to see where they are on the leaderboard.  😆

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Elkhunter1 said:

Amanda, where do I find how many pts I have and where I am on the leaderboard?

I don't really know.  I looked around a bit to try and figure it out and wasn't able to, other than you can page through all the pages in the leaderboard area and look for your name.   I will ask tech support and see what they say. 

• Like 1