Dan

Trigger set

What weight do you have your trigger set on your longrange hunting rifles I use a trigger tech set at 28 oz. on my edge.  Had a jewel and a timney but really like the trigger tech    breaks clean with no creep    

1 lb- 1.5 lb is great for me my next rifle will have a trigger tech  Diamond  And just to play around at the range set it into the 8-10  ounces  I think it will be amazing! 

Good topic.

2lb for my sporting rifles.  I recently got two rifles, a 22 mag Cooper and 6.5 creedmoor in Remington 40X that have a 1lb trigger I use for targets and long range.  I'm thinking  about that for the sporters now.

• Like 1

3lbs, all my rifles at 3lbs keeps muscle memory the same. Silhouette, PRS, NRL competition all shooting done for fun and up my skill for hunting. You could be on stand behind your binocs and have buck step out 75 yards below you, I am not comfortable having to line up from lets say sitting or offhand and deal with to light a trigger. 

10 hours ago, AZAV8ER said:

3lbs, all my rifles at 3lbs keeps muscle memory the same. Silhouette, PRS, NRL competition all shooting done for fun and up my skill for hunting. You could be on stand behind your binocs and have buck step out 75 yards below you, I am not comfortable having to line up from lets say sitting or offhand and deal with to light a trigger. 

Silhouette too? My hunting rifles are 2.5 to 3 pounds but my Silhouette rifle was 2oz.

I have a trigger tech special its set at 2 Lbs but feels a bit lighter. My second rifle has a timney 510 set at 2.5 lbs

• Like 1

14 hours ago, lancetkenyon said:

8-16oz

careful don't breath on that Lance it might go off :)

I like mine at 1-1.5lbs

• Like 2

I originally put a timney factory set at 3lbs in my 257 weatherby, and it was the lightest trigger I had used. It was awesome. 

Now I have a timney in my 300 mag set at 1.5-2lb. I have set triggers on a couple cz rifles that at probably 1lb or less.

When you set the trigger on my 7.62x39 CZ, you dont even think about reaching for the trigger until you are 100% ready to shoot. You will set it off way before you think you should.

I shoot that 3lb trigger now, and i keep squeezing wondering if it will ever go off. It feels heavy. It is a rabbit hole be careful....

• Like 1