AZBIG10

Any archery camps still at it?

We've got a couple bachelor herds in the area that have some real nice bucks in them.  It's against my nature to hold my fire when there's a perfectly good deer right in front of me, but knowing that those big boys are out there, plus having a November rifle tag in my pocket, I'm planning on holding out for something worthy of a shoulder mount.  Have to be a 8 point or better.  At least that's what I say now, last couple days of a hunt those 6 pointers start looking reaaaaaaaaaaally tasty... 

• Like 3

I was putting in my best effort to stalk in on a huge muley in a group of three this morning.  Ground was too loud and they blew out from only 20-30 yards away, but before I saw them.  All I get is a quick view of them as they cross windows in the Junipers.  This happened two times, but I got a good look at him when at a distance and I am here to say, seeing something that big messes with your mind.   It seems like it can't be real. 

One thing that is real, these old bucks sure know how to use use those junipers and they can turn you like a corkscrew.

• Like 3

Well I’m done. Shot a nice mule deer yesterday evening. We’re backpacked it so we’re hiking him out this morning. 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, oz31p said:

Well I’m done. Shot a nice mule deer yesterday evening. We’re backpacked it so we’re hiking him out this morning. 

I'm calling you out on this one, for pics. LOL.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Snapshot said:

I'm calling you out on this one, for pics. LOL.

He sent it to me at 3am while we were heading out. Couldn’t have happpend to a nicer guy. Congrats tim

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Shedhunteraz said:

He sent it to me at 3am while we were heading out. Couldn’t have happpend to a nicer guy. Congrats tim

Yes indeed. Just wanted to see a pic of that nice buck. I certainly understand if he doesn't want to post it.

I’d post it if he’d let me but his well earned buck. Dude hunts hard. His and gods glory to show.

• Like 1

We packed him from the kill site to camp yesterday night to camp. Then broke camp and hiked every thing to the truck this morning 

203FCACD-891D-4ED0-9B04-DA519745F0C2.jpeg

1A71F60E-21B6-4DBE-BE67-460BF7853C99.jpeg

7FCEE012-10C8-45FD-884E-14629EF64A87.jpeg

07FCBADD-42A9-48D4-816C-93817CA83066.jpeg

• Like 8

Your a stud! Congrats my friend

• Like 1