oz31p

Point guard vs tag donation.

I heard talk a few years ago that the law might be changed to allow the retention of bonus points when a tag is donated. 

Any one know if this is the case? 

Yes, if you purchased point guard you will retain your bonus points if you donate your tag.

What are you thinking of donating?

Eddy Corona OE4A

‭+1 (480) 529-8340‬

Tom Wagner Hunts 4 Heroes

‭(480) 760-3868‬

• Like 1

Andrew is spot on.  You can only keep your points if you purchased point guard!

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, oz31p said:

Sweet, this is the first year I bought point guard 

Just remember next yr dont waste your $5 and buy it again for deer because you cant use it again. The system still lets you purchase it even though you cant use it. 

• Like 1

Recommendations for who I should donate unit 33 late dec tag too...already filled my archery tag so dont need it now.

Is the point guard once in a lifetime use? Can you use it again after a set amount of time?

• Like 1

It can be used once again after you have cashed in your points. 

Example- If you bought point guard this year and turn your tag in, you will get your points back. Next time you draw, you must keep the tag. The following year, you will once again be eligible for point guard. 

1 hour ago, rossislider said:

It can be used once again after you have cashed in your points. 

Example- If you bought point guard this year and turn your tag in, you will get your points back. Next time you draw, you must keep the tag. The following year, you will once again be eligible for point guard. 

Thanks for the info. Not a bad system

To contact Hunts for Heroes, call me at: (480)760-3868. I'd be happy to explain everything with regards to tag donation and Point Guard. We make sure the tag transfer is handled properly and that you retain your bonus points (if you purchased Point Guard). Going forward, a disabled Arizona veteran gets to go hunting in Arizona's amazing outdoors with Hunts for Heroes providing the experience free-of-charge! Pretty cool for you --- very cool for the veteran!!!

• Like 3

23 hours ago, AZLance said:

Recommendations for who I should donate unit 33 late dec tag too...already filled my archery tag so dont need it now.

Either of these groups is great. It will either end up in the hands of a kid with health challenges or a disabled vet. Pretty cool deal.

I know Tom well and Eddy helped me navigate stuff for my kids CHAMP and crossbow permits.

• Like 1