Sign in to follow this  
Viper

4B elk hunt....any public showers near Forrest Lakes

I have a solar shower but it would be nice to get a real shower after 5 days or so of hunting, especially with the forcasted warmer temps. Is there an establishment with public showers near Forrest Lakes or Heber?

Canyon Point Campground between the Woods Canyon turnoff and Forest Lakes has showers. I imagine you could shower there. I'd call to verify. Some of those campgrounds will allow non-campers to use them for free or for a few dollars. 

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/asnf/recreation/camping-cabins/recarea/?recid=44631&actid=29

• Like 3

I built a shower 30 years ago that ended up breaking finally so just finished a new one. I bought an on demand yacht water pump off ebay for $20 and a turkey cooker with a 30 quart pot for $30. Bought a plastic shower wand with 5' hose. Use the turkey burner to heat up the water then hook the pump to an old car battery and have on demand water for the shower. The pump is mounted on the pot lid with a hose down and the shower wand hose out. Works great and I always shower every night on my hunts.

• Like 2

That's a great idea! I actually have something similar, with a small Zodi system. The D-battery pump that comes with it is barely adequate, so I bought a RV pump and connect it to a Marine battery. It works pretty good but kind of a pain to setup. I'll take it along on the hunt. Options are good. It might be nice to get a real shower, then "go to town" 😁