Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

End of the Line Hazen you silly loser

Dbacks actually have the best bullpen in baseball(over the course of the year). Yeah they’ve blown in a few times lately, but it’s our hitting where we’re lacking. We’re in the bottom 5 in that department.

Odds are just catching up to us now. They’ve won so many games 2-0 or 2-1 and now that it’s crunch time 4 hits in a game isn’t cutting it anymore. Our team average batting average is in the .230’s and we have 3 guys with 20 or more homeruns. It’s our hitting not our pitching.

• Like 1

Manager makes a bunch of bad decissions. I could name some from tonite that cost the game. Strategic ones..........BOB!

None of their off season or Summer aquired players have been worth chit. Souza was supposed to replace DJ Martinez. Whats He got with us 5  Home Runs 20 + rbi. Nough said. Allmost as bad as Robert Sarver of the Suns. All that great starting pitching going to waste............BOB!

Boxmuncher is not a closer. Avila is the worst batting catcher we have ever had at 161. We have no closer and we are doomed. 8 games with a one run lead lost. The bats could come alive and pitching would still lose games. They have traded some good players who are helping other teams and gotten crap in return. Maybe next year.

• Like 2

I have, for quite a while stated how much I hate the inconsistent lineup. I personally think guys hitting in different spots every game has a lot to do with our offensive struggles. Look at our two best bats, Paralta and Goldy. They both mainly hit 3 and 4 and they're out best weapons.

6 hours ago, naturebob said:

Manager makes a bunch of bad decissions. I could name some from tonite that cost the game. Strategic ones..........BOB!

Last night, it was Lovullo's decision to allow Corbin to hit away with the bases loaded and one out. 

Corbin is not even an average hitter, much less a decent one like Grenke. The smart move would have been either A: bunt toward first  base, perhaps a safety squeeze or B: take an intentional strike out. Both would have likely avoided the double play, which the odds favored. That would have brought Pollock to bat with a much better chance to get a run-scoring hit. Instead, Corbin ended the inning with a routine DP and one of the night's better scoring opportunities, which were kind of rare. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, trophyseeker said:

Last night, it was Lovullo's decision to allow Corbin to hit away with the bases loaded and one out. 

Corbin is not even an average hitter, much less a decent one like Grenke. The smart move would have been either A: bunt toward first  base, perhaps a safety squeeze or B: take an intentional strike out. Both would have likely avoided the double play, which the odds favored. That would have brought Pollock to bat with a much better chance to get a run-scoring hit. Instead, Corbin ended the inning with a routine DP and one of the night's better scoring opportunities, which were kind of rare. 

just like a couple weeks ago when in the seventh inning he that Greinke had for himself, and then come out and pitch the eighth inning. Well, only one pitch in the eighth inning was Justin Turner hit over the fence for a one-run loss.

• Like 1

embarrassed at myself for giving a hoot.  i'll just root for the underdogs from now on-go A's!-and expect failure from these kids who stare at their smartphones 16 hours a day.

lee

16 hours ago, biglakejake said:

the d-backs knew they had the toughest schedule and still DID NOT get a closer. out on your ear Hazen you silly loser.

lee

Bullpen is garbage. Poor bastard cook getting lit up right now too