Sign in to follow this  
biglakejake

End of the Line Hazen you silly loser

Trophyseeker that was the exact play I was talking about to friends. He should have bunted or take every pitch, then the lead off hitter would come up with bases loaded and 2 out. I was thinking that all the way. Dumb. Move............BOB

• Like 1

5 hours ago, naturebob said:

Trophyseeker that was the exact play I was talking about to friends. He should have bunted or take every pitch, then the lead off hitter would come up with bases loaded and 2 out. I was thinking that all the way. Dumb. Move............BOB

Yup. There were other nits, but to me that was terrible management on Lovullo's part. 

• Like 1

The season was over when Archie Bradley was brought in to face Kemp for the second night in a row. Everyone watching knew a first pitch fastball down the middle was coming. He could get away with that last year when it was 97-98, but this year hes throwing 94-95. That wont cut it against major league hitters as a "blow em away" pitch.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, firstcoueswas80 said:

The season was over when Archie Bradley was brought in to face Kemp for the second night in a row. Everyone watching knew a first pitch fastball down the middle was coming. He could get away with that last year when it was 97-98, but this year hes throwing 94-95. That wont cut it against major league hitters as a "blow em away" pitch.

And that was another goofy decision by Lovullo.

They did the same thing with Brandon Crawford a while back. If I recall that game, the Giants already had the winning run(s) on 2nd and maybe even 3rd with 1st base OPEN and Crawford coming up. He had been killing them. I don't recall how many outs there was, but regardless it should have been an automatic walk to set up forces on the bases and face a different hitter. Instead, he knocked in the winning run. 

STICK A FORK IN 'EM!!! 🤬

When your hitting isn't working,I think they should Bunt more and steal more bases. He just sits back and hopes somebody hits. He calls it he is showing confidence in his players. He came from Boston where they had them and Buy them. We don't. Bullpen and hitting coach are crap.........BOB!