Sign in to follow this  
naturebob

Hunting Coues archery

There are a few out of staters on hunt talk forum. That have hardley if ever hunted Coues. They say they are as easy as Muleys to stalk and kill. I have an argument going with them . I would like any members here to go there and chime in to back Me up.  Bunch of know it alls on that site.  Allways has been. Randy IE, Big Fin on other sites the owner of it has hunted them and I told Him to chime in and tell some of the uneducated  out of State hunters the truth..,,,Thanks................BOB!

Bob,

First timer hunting AZ for archery deer this year. I can’t vouch based on experience but I will say that after coming back from a trip where I hunted really hard and hiked miles through tough country I will say that it’s way harder than expected. The coues seem to move fast and bed down in some of the thickest brush making them extremely hard to glass in their bed. I did manage to find a few but they disappear into thick brush to never be relocated. I’ve killed quite a few muleys and these seem way harder to hunt.

Josh

I read an interview with Chuck Adams years ago where he said spot & stalk coues is the toughest bowhunt on the continent.  If ole Chuck thinks they're tough, you know they've got some skills.

That having been said, I do think coues deer are easier to kill than a muley, if you sit an ambush.  Spot & stalk though, coues are much tougher to creep up on, at least that's been my experience.

• Like 1

On 9/13/2018 at 1:19 AM, naturebob said:

There are a few out of staters on hunt talk forum. That have hardley if ever hunted Coues. They say they are as easy as Muleys to stalk and kill. I have an argument going with them . I would like any members here to go there and chime in to back Me up.  Bunch of know it alls on that site.  Allways has been. Randy IE, Big Fin on other sites the owner of it has hunted them and I told Him to chime in and tell some of the uneducated  out of State hunters the truth..,,,Thanks................BOB!

Dude. Get a life.

What is Your problem Boy!  Oh I see ,Laveen. I got a life. You sound like the one with issues. I was talking about Coues Deer. That what thsi site is about. If you don't have anything good to say or add ,them don't post...............BOB! 

• Haha 1

Mattys281, thats what I was referring to on hunt talk. I had read that article a few years back..Most guys came on there  agreeing after all .Just the first 2 dind't know what they were talking about. People come from all over America to hunt them and have no clew...............BOB!