SValdez

2018 NM Unit 23 Whitetail

I drew NM unit 23 except the Burro Mts. for bow hunting whitetail-this is my 1st year hunting-figured you are never too old to learn a new sport-that & I wanted to spend some quality time with my Son (this is both our 1st time hunting) as a single Mom I often worked 3 jobs to provide the things a two parent family could, so I missed out on lots of their activities. So, wondering if anyone has tips on a good place to start in unit 23 for Whitetail. Thank you in advance for your consideration of my request.

Respectfully,

Shirl

Welcome aboard Shirl, that's what I call my Aunt Shirley so you have a great name. We have a few members from NM so I'm sure one or more will chime in soon.

Citizen canyon, Bullard canyon, Webster canyon. Rough country and low deer density but they’re there. If you can’t access that stuff the country on the south side of the river has deer too

• Like 1

Thank you for the tips.. I am good with rough terrain. I got in shape over the Summer & am able to trek the woods without any problems. Thank you again! 

• Like 1