Sign in to follow this  
Zeke-BE

Friends Archery Bull elk down

I got the opportunity to go on a friends archery bull hunt.  First time for me to do this, tag along and help out.  I learned alot but this was one of the most epic hunts I have ever been on.  It was a ton of fun chasing bugles through the forest and watching them rake their racks.  This one was the 3rd attempt to get on a bull.  This time I dropped him off and drove around a mile on the other side where the meadow was because I knew he would chase them out of there if he spooks them, so I can get eyes on them if they ran out and radio in.  Not long I got the radio and he said he stuck one.  Drove back to the old logging road and hike into him.  My buddy was worried about his 55 yard shot and showed right where he shot him.  I looked down the narrow corridor of trees about a 100 yards down and the sun beaming on the  body and antlers and said "dude your bulls right there"  Hugs and congrats happen!  Man that was fun!!!  Sad its over.  Gutted it out and drug it out into the open for some nice pics.   

IMG_0423.thumb.JPG.3c619e5d6b29d89fe5542ba131d074e0.JPG 

• Like 26
  • Love 1

Nice bull, Kyle!