AZelkdeer

Best AZ cartridge for AZ

1 hour ago, Zeke-BE said:

About the same as your 6.5 SAUM

The guy that built my 6.5 cut one of the barrels at 3000 rounds and the throat was only erroaded a few thousand.  Said all he needs to do is set the barrel back a few thou and it would be good for another 2000 rounds.... 6.5 is not over bored like 28.... interesting.... 

50 minutes ago, AZelkdeer said:

The guy that built my 6.5 cut one of the barrels at 3000 rounds and the throat was only erroaded a few thousand.  Said all he needs to do is set the barrel back a few thou and it would be good for another 2000 rounds.... 6.5 is not over bored like 28.... interesting.... 

No its not over-bored like the 28.  But a 6.5 pushing well over 3100 fps and if you can get 2000 rounds shooting the same groups as the first 100 I would be impressed.  Your throat will probably be erroaded first though.

Just now, Zeke-BE said:

No its not over-bored like the 28.  But a 6.5 pushing well over 3100 fps and if you can get 2000 rounds shooting the same groups as the first 100 I would be impressed.  Your throat will probably be erroaded first though.

Well GAP does make impressive guns.  He stands by his claim 2500 plus round barrel 

Just now, AZelkdeer said:

Well GAP does make impressive guns.  He stands by his claim 2500 plus round barrel 

I  don't doubt they make impressive guns.  But 2500 rounds sounds like a Creedmoor.  3000-5000 our 308s.  But a hooping fast 6.5 at that speed keeping accuracy for 2500 round you sir have a golden goose. I would be impressed.  Keep a log of it and then send it my way at 2500 rounds.  If its still the same Im calling GAP 

33 minutes ago, Zeke-BE said:

I  don't doubt they make impressive guns.  But 2500 rounds sounds like a Creedmoor.  3000-5000 our 308s.  But a hooping fast 6.5 at that speed keeping accuracy for 2500 round you sir have a golden goose. I would be impressed.  Keep a log of it and then send it my way at 2500 rounds.  If its still the same Im calling GAP 

Call him... and ask him.  He will go through it with you. George is a great guy.  6.5prc is really nice.  About 50-75 FPS slower but more ammo avail 

2500 is a lot of shooting. For example with a 60g charge 2500 rounds is around 20lbs that a lot of time at the reloading bench 

1 minute ago, oz31p said:

2500 is a lot of shooting. For example with a 60g charge 2500 rounds is around 20lbs that a lot of time at the reloading bench 

I shoot well over 4000 rounds a year.... I have a few guns

That’s 40lbs of powder or about 6k in ammo. Is this “4000” rounds from precision bolt action rifle?