Sign in to follow this  
Hoss50

Leupold Alumina Covers?

So I wanted to gather some opinions from people who have tried them. Are they worth the money? I have a VX-6 on one of my rifles, and I currently just use the scope sock that came with the scope for protecting the glass, but I have been interested in the Alumina Covers. They look nice, but are pricey so I don't really want to pay a bunch of money for something that is junk or not worth the dollars.

Thoughts?

I like mine! There is a chance that they will pop open if your hiking and packing. You can check mine out sometime if you want. Nw Phx.

I have sets on 2 scopes.  They are pricey but offer positive lens protection.  They are machined to pretty close tolerances, the neoprene (?) O-rings seal, and they seem durable.

forepaw

To me the main benefit is they keep you from having to constantly clean the lenses.  This is what speeds up deterioration of the delicate coating.  I brush mine with a lens pen about every  other use, but only clean them maybe once a year.

forepaw 

I have a VX-6 that came with them and I have another scope that was promoting them as an extra  when I purchased a VX3i for my PRS rifle. I like them but will take them off my VX-6 when its out hunting. Just do not need to have a nice buck pop up at 50yards and have to take off safety, pop front cover, then pop rear cover. In the field would be leery of carrying them open, would hate to snag and damage them. So to sum up they are nice on the target rifle. hope that helps.

I use them on one of my hunting rigs with a VX6. I really like them. Good peace of mind.  They keep rain and dust off the scope and are quick to open if you have to make a quick shot.  I use Butler Creek caps on my other VX6 and to be honest, they work just as good and are a lot cheaper. 

I have one Rifle with the covers and got a new rifle.... will definitely get a Leupold scope and Alumina covers for it ....