Sign in to follow this  
elkaholic

Unit 8 hunting camp?

Anyone know who had the big camp at 108 and 42 rd.  Several wall tents etc.

Locals had to clean up ,what was discribed as piles of trash. They took pictures. These guys who took time out of their hunt to clean  up the mess ,would like to know who to report, so this crap doesnt happen again. 

• Like 1

Piece of crap people!!  Not that hard to just clean up camp before you go

That's messed up!! Don't understand why people can't pick up there crap & throw it away!! I hate when you hike in miles & find a beer can or other trash.

People just don't care anymore!!

• Like 1

I’m sure there were receipts in that trash. They hold a plethora of info. Would be easy to find them by any LEO if they were so inclined. 

By Jack butt tank?  How appropriate.  Blame the guy who named the tank/knoll.  

I left my camp down on the flats off Perkinsville Rd in 8 in a condition that wasn't cool, but the mess wasn't from me.  Previous camp left about 50 keystone light cans in the fire pit and other garbage scattered around the firepit.  I was intending on cleaning up the mess when I packed up, but I didn't have garbage bags when I tore down my camp.  Partially, the disturbance I feel for having left the camp like that, is that other's may associate me with that mess and that ticks me off.    I normally clean other's messes when I camp, so I am not normally in a position of feeling bothered.  Another gripe is that the person who left that mess there probably feels no regrets, nothing, and will continue to do the same thing.

Seems there is something about that Keystone light brand that seems to be responsible for making people into slobs, because that is by far the brand preferred by slobs in 8. 

Something I don't understand is why it is ok to leave beer cans and bottles in a campfire  ring. For some reason many don't consider that litter.

• Like 2

I do not know what other Arizona elk units are like, but Unit 8 was like a friggin KOA for opening weekend.  Some of them camps are bigger than some towns I have lived in.

• Like 2

It’s everywhere. People just don’t GAF!

A79D4B87-F210-4C36-92E1-612E84A2BCEC.png

Unit 8 used to be kinda a sleeper unit IMO, now it seems like it gets hammered every weekend. 

It's all the citiots that move here and want to be outdoorsman. Real country folk are raised to respect the land. Don't know what the phuk mexico has to do with it. 

• Like 4