firstcoueswas80

Tucson knife sharpening

You might want to call your local Ace Hardware before you go, because I just called several by my house and none of them offer the service:(

I went by the shop I mentioned earlier in the thread. It's called Blade Runner now. Different guy at the helm, same place. Diverse inventory as usual. I didn't need anything sharpened but I saw a guy bring in a box of fixed blades. Pretty sure he told him 20 dollar charge and he could wait for them or come back later in the day. I saw him sharpen his own knife while I was browsing and it took all of 5 minutes. Google them for business hours, they are not conventional.

Sharpening a knife is a skill every man should acquire.  It’s an under 5 minute process.

get you an old cheap pocket knife or kitchen knife to practice on,  and a good whetstone or some other method.   Once you get the hang of it, and feel confident, you can move on to you better cutlery. I found this little tool that has a carbide sharpener one one end, and a small whetstone on the other.  

It was super easy to figure out, and got my knives and broadheads super sharp.  Slipped it in my backpack, and kept my knife sharp while butchering, in the field, well, till it got tired of messing with it and forged on with a dull knife.  But it did a really good job when I used it.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Smith-s-Edge-Stick-Knife-and-Broadhead-Sharpener-2-pc-Carded-Pack/28473107

Casey if you still get up to Casa Grande I know a guy who makes custom knives and has offered to sharpen mine if needed. Let me know if you want his info and ill pm it to you.

That would be awesome. I'd be interested in a knife too possibly..

I know a guy from Forged in Fire lives in casa grande, would be cool to have one of his knives.

• Like 1