goinhuntn

Any bulls down

Excellent! Congrats to those of you that scored! 

My son, Lance, took this bull Sunday night opening weekend.  First bow kill, first elk.  He is addicted to archery hunting especially screaming bulls!

Lance's shoots with 3G Archery JOAD club each week.  It was clear these lessons allowed him to remain calm for a clean shot.IMG_8514.thumb.jpg.d468d0243ca380133c5337d351b53f54.jpg

• Like 18

I have passed a lot of small bulls in 5bsouth. Backs are pretty weak. Still here. Small bulls herding cows and hardly any bugling during shooting light. A couple of decent mornings but they are quiet by 7am. Drove from long lake area to Turkey mountain. Started at 2am and heard nothing. Crazy!

Hunted hard for 10 days.  Was holding out for a 320+ but with only 4 days left and only one bull I physically saw that made that mark, I chose to fill my tag on this bull.

Morning of day 10 (9am), he came in screaming and pushing his cow right to my buddy who was set up calling behind me.  30 yard broadside shot, the bull had no idea what happened.

Good luck to those still hunting. 

1153039C-CCC9-498C-AA26-8FED7640EB9D.jpeg

CD2563E2-E1E2-45A2-AFD6-44B7C0602815.jpeg

• Like 7

I was up in 5BS until the past weekend. I had to come back to work. Talked the boss into letting me go out again tomorrow and Thursday. I will be out there trying to get my first ever animal. I did see a number of cows and handful of bulls. I am hoping they keep the same pattern. I got close the last day I was out there. Good luck to those still trying to bag one on the final days. 😁

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, RAM said:

Hunted hard for 10 days.  Was holding out for a 320+ but with only 4 days left and only one bull I physically saw that made that mark, I chose to fill my tag on this bull.

Morning of day 10 (9am), he came in screaming and pushing his cow right to my buddy who was set up calling behind me.  30 yard broadside shot, the bull had no idea what happened.

Good luck to those still hunting. 

1153039C-CCC9-498C-AA26-8FED7640EB9D.jpeg

CD2563E2-E1E2-45A2-AFD6-44B7C0602815.jpeg

Nice bull congrats!

• Like 2

Was up by flag for a week only had one good night when that storm rolled through that had much rutting action. Was helping 2 buddies one tagged out opening night on a solid 340-350 6x7 and my other buddy tagged out Saturday night on a nice 5x6 300 ish bull. Seen a lot of good bulls but they just weren't talking. If I can get permission to share some pictures I will.