Carren

Unknown scat

What do you want us to tell you bud? Sounds like you’re convinced it’s a 300lb javelina. Judging by the diameter, could be a male javelina that enjoys the company of another male? But, i’ve also never seen a pig that could wipe

• Like 1

My first response would be elk. I once saw Javi poo that was mostly mesquite beans about the diameter of a soda can off Redington and Cascabel.

In that Javelina book put out by G&F years ago, it shows Javelina dung like that. It also says it depends on what they are eating. Cactus makes it a little more watery, but if they are eating greens it's like that.

Thank you for your input. I’m not a hunter. I’m a housewife who has run into this in a neighbors yard I have been watching. We are rural on 2-1/2 acres each and we are open to what ever wanders in. I found this website in hopes of finding help. Instead, I found a bunch of jokers. Thank you for not being one of them. I don’t know if it is worth my time to stay on or just get off this web site. This seems to be the “Men’s Club “ No women wanted. Later and thank you for your help.

17 minutes ago, Carren said:

Thank you for your input. I’m not a hunter. I’m a housewife who has run into this in a neighbors yard I have been watching. We are rural on 2-1/2 acres each and we are open to what ever wanders in. I found this website in hopes of finding help. Instead, I found a bunch of jokers. Thank you for not being one of them. I don’t know if it is worth my time to stay on or just get off this web site. This seems to be the “Men’s Club “ No women wanted. Later and thank you for your help.

Mens club hmmmm.  Not sure if you know but Amanda AKA a woman created and runs this site.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Carren said:

I recommend staying a member of the site and keep contributing, commenting, and asking questions.  Our members are diverse and the opinions are as well.  Some, I agree with.  Some, I vehemently disagree with.  (For the latter, though, I generally just ignore the post and move on and not let it color my view of the site as a whole.) 

The founder and administrator of the site whose handle is CouesWhitetail is female and working biologist who has already spent more time in the back country than the rest of us can dream of.  She answered your question "javelina" and I concur.   She works hard to keep the site civil and has even made a dedicated protected forum for political discussions so people can bash "libtards" or "republican'ts" to their heart's desire without bothering the rest of us.  But, in reality, it's the Internet and the ability to control the discourse is limited.

Your post was not the first one to post a picture of scat and ask for an ID.  I think that says a lot about how cool this site is.  But, although humans age, we have a remarkable ability to stay immature for our entire lives.  I'm Exhibit A in the regard.  Consequently, when the topic of poop comes up there are bound to be jokes and insincerity.  So consider sticking around.

• Like 3

On 9/26/2018 at 11:56 AM, Carren said:

This photo was taken today, September 26, 2018. It is not fresh. It was located in a large, covered trailer parking area. This area is very large and secluded. ( it can’t be seen from the street )This is a rural location on the way to Cave Creek mountain preserve.

290D6E71-8DB5-4B5B-9020-4EF3EC365A82.jpeg

Thats a constipated oversized human.

Animal scat  has butterflies on it everybody knows that

IMG_5901a.jpg

IMG_5903a.jpg