PRDATR

Change in the weather for next week

Looks like the Rim Area is going to get quite a bit of rain next week. My son will be staying in Pine all week and scouting 22 for our turkey hunt so I better give him my tow strap and shovel. Don't a little rain but a couple of inches isn't welcome.

• Like 2

Yeah, they’re saying 4+ up along the Rim. Let’s see if Hurricane Rosa(remnants) delivers.

Been getting a drizzle in Tucson, including some yesterday. They said there may be some flooding. The main part of the storm is west of Tucson. Hooking north towards Phoenix and the rim country.

We got about 3/4 of an inch in about a half hour yesterday.  First substantial rain of the year for us.  You know what they say "when it rains, it pours"!  Expecting quite a bit more tonight.  My patio has a bunch of pavers so the water has nowhere to go besides one drain pipe, which gets swamped pretty quick, especially when it gets clogged with leaves.  I got some water in my laundry room yesterday so I got some sandbags last night and made a coffer dam around my back doors and in front of my laundry room.  Hopefully I can keep up with it if it comes down in a torrent again tonight.

In the far nw valley we got around 3" from Rosa.

Now we're getting a good rain from a Pacific cold front and next week looks like Sergio heading this way...

Already one of the wettest October's on record and only 1/4 of the way through.

hurricane-sergio-spaghetti-models.png.d24591ecdbaa97e2905cd1ddd4eaf067.png

Woke up to an inch of snow in Flagstaff this morning! Melting fast tho. What a great start to October.

20181007_055845.jpg

20181007_060937.jpg

• Like 1

On 9/27/2018 at 6:14 PM, PRDATR said:

Looks like the Rim Area is going to get quite a bit of rain next week. My son will be staying in Pine all week and scouting 22 for our turkey hunt so I better give him my tow strap and shovel. Don't a little rain but a couple of inches isn't welcome.

We have a Youth 23 cow elk tag (13 year old Son) will be going up there on Thursday Morning ...hopefully we'll not spend the weekend in tent....lol

1 hour ago, Yoshi said:

We have a Youth 23 cow elk tag (13 year old Son) will be going up there on Thursday Morning ...hopefully we'll not spend the weekend in tent....lol

Same here, but luckily we have a camper.  Grandma and a few of the kids are gonna stay home so its just me and the wife and our two tag holders. Gonna keep our portable pop up canopy with us just in case we kill a cow in the rain and can work on it somewhat dry.  Good luck to you guys. Ill be in a 99 red lifted expediton with company lettering on the back. Stop and say hi if you see us.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, CatfishKev said:

Same here, but luckily we have a camper.  Grandma and a few of the kids are gonna stay home so its just me and the wife and our two tag holders. Gonna keep our portable pop up canopy with us just in case we kill a cow in the rain and can work on it somewhat dry.  Good luck to you guys. Ill be in a 99 red lifted expediton with company lettering on the back. Stop and say hi if you see us.

Good Luck and will do!

3 inches this morning in show low- and an incredibly heavy, wet snow to boot.  it usually takes 12-14" to bust up the trees like the ones down this morning.

lee

57 minutes ago, biglakejake said:

3 inches this morning in show low- and an incredibly heavy, wet snow to boot.  it usually takes 12-14" to bust up the trees like the ones down this morning.

lee

Heavy and wet with leaves on the trees still equals lots of broken trees and down power lines. 

Brian