lamrith

34A "lowlands"?

The first two times I hunted down south I saw lions.  I always have a tag just in case.  The first time I got a shot but it was in a canyon at last light and I had a not so good scope on my rifle so it made it almost impossible to see the lion.  The second time the lion was too far away for a shot.  Needless to say I have upgraded rifle scopes and I won't miss an opportunity like that again.

Have seen plenty of lions S of Patagonia and E of Noggy. Your are in slightly different terrain. Just guessing where you might be and that area does have a mix of high and low. Given proximity to S end big mountains and broken country with some higher terrain, go for it.

3 hours ago, AZAV8ER said:

Have seen plenty of lions S of Patagonia and E of Noggy. Your are in slightly different terrain. Just guessing where you might be and that area does have a mix of high and low. Given proximity to S end big mountains and broken country with some higher terrain, go for it.

We are north of those areas, but based on what I am hearing, I will be grabbing a tag on the way form airport to camp.

5 hours ago, duckhunter175 said:

You changed your avatar! Sorry for not recognizing!  Glad yall are still getting after it down there!!! There is nothing not to love about that whole space-- I hope you guys have a great hunt down there. I'm gonna be bowhunting OTC for coues I think bc my hunting buddy and I are gonna try to save up some points for the lifetime type hunts.

I had good luck calling with the gray fox pup distress and gray fox fighting sounds on my e-caller. Keep in touch!

Thanks.  Yeah that is my Idaho bear from last year.  Finally got a game animal down so had to change avatar for the hunting sites.

I am hoping to maybe break from them as some point and at least head up the hills right there by camp some as well.