Sign in to follow this  
JACK

Coyote Live Trap

I live right next to the Tonto and with a neighbor that thinks it’s a good idea to feed the coyotes I have a healthy number of coyotes that are basically fearless around my place...I know there are a lot of things I could do but I really don’t want to create problems with or for the neighbors...I think a live trap is my best option and chance to learn something new and maybe make a few buck if hides are worth anything?...I have no experience with live traps...So what are good traps...setups...etc?

D250A438-B658-4C9A-8B24-D8303D959215.thumb.jpeg.e15eb8ef7f19a2fc26a6e154621b6347.jpeg

You will quickly learn that getting a coyote in a live trap is one of the hardest things to accomplish.  Not saying it is impossible, but they are super intelligent when it comes to getting trapped.  Their fur is rarely worth the time down here in the desert.  Suppressed .22 would be a great way to get a few of them.  

1 hour ago, JACK said:

I live right next to the Tonto and with a neighbor that thinks it’s a good idea to feed the coyotes I have a healthy number of coyotes that are basically fearless around my place...I know there are a lot of things I could do but I really don’t want to create problems with or for the neighbors...I think a live trap is my best option and chance to learn something new and maybe make a few buck if hides are worth anything?...I have no experience with live traps...So what are good traps...setups...etc?

Why not its seems ok to create problems for you. if you dont want them there you have plenty of legal options all in which will have your neighbors panties in a wad including live trapping them.

If you dont want them there grow a sack and do something about it legally.

trapping shooting. Airguns, supressed weapons archery G&F etc etc

I would call game & fish on your neighbor for feeding them! I wouldn’t want those dang rabbi invensted, disease carrying POS around my house especially if you have dogs.

• Like 1