Sign in to follow this  
codyhuntsaz

Slik tripod

Does anyone know if you can buy a center post extension? I have a tripod i like, but it’s about 6” too short for me to stand and glass with (I’m 6’3”). I haven’t been able to find out if such a thing exists. If not, what tripods do you taller guys use to stand and glass. Granted I’m sitting and glassing 90% of the time, but sometimes it’s nice to stand. 

Have you tried contacting Slik? They're pretty responsive when I've dealt with them.

Have you tried contacting Slik? They're pretty responsive when I've dealt with them.

1 hour ago, Tikka said:

Thanks for the suggestion. They have INCREDIBLE customer service. I emailed them and they emailed me back with a parts diagram and an answer in less than 20 minutes! $22 shipped! I found another member on here that is in the same price range and will custom make one any length i want and i would rather give a member my $$. But man that’s some great customer service! 

• Like 1

That’s a really good idea...mine is okay on flat ground, but if I’m on a downhill I feel like I have to crouch slightly. Hadn’t thought about a longer post to make up that couple inches difference in height. 

Post up pics once you have it in place. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rossislider said:

I wouldn't mind adding a few inches to my Slik. Who is the member that does this? 

See the post above yours. 

I just bought an extension for my Slik 330!  I was in the same boat with my tripod.  I'm 5'11" and my 330 was about 4 inches too short to use standing.  I was in Bull Basin Archery in Flagstaff the other day, expressing my woes at having to tell my wife I have buy a $300 tripod to be tall enough for me, when they told me about the extensions.  It screws on the bottom and gives me more than enough height now.  $14 investment saved me $300!

• Like 2

On 10/1/2018 at 5:13 PM, rossislider said:

I wouldn't mind adding a few inches to my Slik. Who is the member that does this? 

I'm not even sure how to respond to that one...

18 hours ago, CatfishKev said:

So exactly how long is the extension?

The one i ordered from Slik is supposed to be just under 11” according to the guy i ordered from. He measured it while i was on the phone with him. It’s supposed to arrive this weekend. 

2 hours ago, codyhuntsaz said:

The one i ordered from Slik is supposed to be just under 11” according to the guy i ordered from. He measured it while i was on the phone with him. It’s supposed to arrive this weekend. 

Wow, that really opens up some options.