3 hours ago, mattys281 said:

Our G&F regs have a ton of good info on success rate & draw odds for draw tags which can help you nail down what unit to put in for, and the G&F website has great starter points listed unit by unit.  

Seems like everybody has their own favorite unit, but the truth is there are a ton of units that have great access and excellent trophy potential. 

Good luck on your deer slam, I only need the two blacktail species to finish mine.

https://www.azgfd.com/Hunting/Units/

Thanks for the info the link! I figured everyone has there own unit they are most comfortable with and thanks for the luck! If you have any questions on where to go for your blacktails shoot me a message I will tell you everything I know 

155F0735-E864-4027-A3AF-A8606B775789.jpeg

• Like 2

3 hours ago, GreyGhost85 said:

Just go to any unit and fire a 6.5cm at a random mountainside. The bullet is guaranteed to only hit a monster buck. 

I’ve heard of that working! Still not on the 6.5 band wagon though 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 5guyshunting said:

Not sure why people want to kill these little guys. Not much meat on them, Elk are a freezer full.😏

This year I’ve Already killed a cow elk in NV and still have a bull tag in UT 

B1FA4482-4156-45E4-838B-B24E73C8C243.jpeg

1 hour ago, muledeerarea33? said:

I’ve seen a few good Coues in 37b. Close to the airport, you’ll be able to hunt from a motel and have a decent chance of killing a buck. Just be careful because muledeer inhabit the same area.

I’m not sure if your messing with me or not haha

1 hour ago, Adicted said:

Dont give away your spots to a 1 poster

Didn’t want anyone’s spot just wanted opinions on areas ..... i’d Say go back and read the post but you can’t even spell “addicted”  so case rested haha

the san rafael valley in game management units 35a and 35b are the heart and soul of COUES white-tailed deer habitat in the grand canyon state.  all surrounding units are top producers of trophy bucks but range extends as far north as apache maid mtn, chevelon crossing, knoll lake and blue, Arizona.  kitt peak area in 36c has the most trophies bar none.

lee

• Like 1

1 hour ago, azelkhunter2 said:

Sir give me a call...I’ll try and answer your questions....Dave 602-228-1719

Dave is as good of a resource as you will find and is a big wig with the AZ Deer Association. I would jump on his offer. You are also welcome to send me a PM.

There are a lot of really good Coues units in the state. But a lot goes into a what is a good Coues unit for you. What some might find great, others might struggle in. Likewise a lot depends on your own ability to travel to certain areas, hike, shoot long distance, etc. Are you willing to hunt the Mexico border? Do you know what the significance of hunting the border is? These are all import questions. Like I said shoot me a message if you like and I will do my best to help you out. 

• Like 3

Also, download and listen to the Jay Scott Outdoors podcast episode 464 with Duwane Adams, a Coues hunting legend. They talk about your exact question. 

• Like 2