Red Rabbit

Winchester Featherweight 30-06

Winchester Model 70 Featherweight

30-06

BACO version.

Stock has very nice wood.

Inletted sling studs like a Super Grade.

Glass bedded.

Ernie trigger spring installed.

Leupold dual dovetail bases and rings included.  Scope is not included.

About 1.5" groups with Barnes Factory 150 TTSX.  I have not handloaded for it.

Round count is less than 100.

Prefer face to face to prevent shipping and FFL costs.  Located in Flagstaff.

$900

Ed1600_Featherweight_For_Sale_2018_0029_

Ed1600_Featherweight_For_Sale_2018_0030_

ed1600_Featherweight_For_Sale_2018_0031_

Ed1600featherweight_For_Sale_2018_0032_c

Ed1600featherweight_For_Sale_2018_0035_c

• Like 4
  • Wow! 1

BACO ?? What does that mean ?? Was it made in the FN machine-gun works in NC? What do you think of the Tract scope?

BACO Browning Arms Company 

From Wiki:

"In October 2007, FN Herstal announced that it would produce Controlled Round Feed Winchester Model 70 rifles at its facility in Columbia, South Carolina, where it currently manufactures the M240, M249, and M16 for the United States military, as well as its SPR and PBR lines, which are, in fact, variants of the modern Model 70 Controlled Round Feed rifles.

In 2013, FN/Browning relocated Model 70 assembly to Portugal.

As of 2015 Model 70 rifles are stamped, "Imported by BACO, Inc., Morgan, Utah – Made in Portugal by Browning Viana".

I saw this online " that 2013 will see Model 70 rifles assembled in Portugal instead of South Carolina. Winchester states that the change will allow them to increase their output of Model 70 rifles to meet demand. Parts for the rifles will still be made in the U.S.A., but will be shipped to Portugal for final assembly and fitting before being shipped back to the U.S.A. for sales and distribution. "

I have both the Tekoa and Toric models of the Tract scopes.  Reports are the Toric tracks and rtz well, but I have not rung mine out.  The BDC is a little different,  I do see some chromatic aberration with the Tract when looking at high contrast objects like pine needles against the sky or the black and white of a sunlit target. I do find the Tract sharper than the Leupold VX3

Thanks Red. I love MOD 70's I have some control round feed from New Haven some from SC and I'll look for the BACO stamp on my newest one, had not noticed it before. Yes very nicely figured wood.