Sign in to follow this  
hoghntr

*Bull Elk Blessing from donated tag, oh wait... aka Casey's favortism conspiracy theory post.

Mike, brother you dont have to explain yourself to anyone.  Its sad you have to defend yourself on a HUNTING website that we all enjoy seeing animals and hunts.  Guys look I fully understand the jealousy of these tags...I am a Marine Corps vet and am jealous of Mikes tags...But these guys call him with tags last minute and he takes if he can, who wouldn't.  i would, you all would.  Mike is a good dude and suffers daily.  Nobody would want to be in his shoes.  I met him several times and he looks past his disabilities and just wants to hunt.  Did he come home with a 450" bull, NO he didnt.  He shot a nice bull and his family will enjoy all the meat.  Some of you guys need to lay low and stop making yourself look bad.  Life is short guys, take a step back and enjoy what you have.

• Like 6

that would be crazy if you got 1-3 premium tags every year for the rest of your life. its obviously a very short list of people waiting to get these tags so you must have a great chance of that happening

• Like 3

Don’t know hoghntr but he seems to be grandstanding and thumbing at casey.

i appreciate vets and there service. But it seems like crossfit. That’s all they want to talk about. I have a few good friends that served in nam and they don’t talk much about it. Or there pain etc. 

• Like 1

I would greatly appreciate if hoghntr kept his sob and success stories to himself. 

So much B.S. over the years is too much. Many new members have not had an opportunity to get to know him him for what he is.

I have seen him work him self into a lie...and then blame every one else for his own actions. Then get offended say he is done but yet come back....and back.

The only thing 100% true is that hoghntr is not a man of his word.

• Great Buck! 1

Go away KC Blow that nose and wipe those eyes. Stop worrying about everyone else.

Dan

12 minutes ago, win71 said:

Go away KC Blow that nose and wipe those eyes. Stop worrying about everyone else.

Dan

Says the guy that worries about what I say.....

• Like 1

Mike,  congrats on the tag!

I'm definitely not trying to offend anyone by my next comment so please be understanding.

Over the past few months I've met several vets who have received tags from various different groups.  These vets claimed they have received numerous tags over the last few years.  At the same time I met vets who claim they have never gone on any hunts or just 1 hunt.  

I have no idea if they are lying, but I usually tend to believe vets.  I personally don't like or agree with a system that gives multiple tags to the same individuals when others have not received any tags.

Again, not trying to offend just state my opinion.  Personally I will not be donating any more tags to any organization until I see a more systematic/fair tag delegation system implemented!

Adam

• Like 3

I really thought that theses tags were going to wounded combat vets. Or terminal kids. I’ve donated tags to both groups. I’ll have to do much more research the next time donate a tag. 

it may sound harsh or mean but remember I’m combat veteran of the US ARMY.  “Service connected” means very little to me. I’ve seen it awarded due to ingrown toe nails and high blood pressure. In my experience people work the system if given the chance......for their entire lives. I hope that’s not what’s happing here.  

• Like 2
  • Great Buck! 1

I am 100% for less fortunate people getting a chance at donated tags. The thing about the situation is though, some people have been able to make connections that put them at the front of the list. There is no governing body that selects who gets the tags. They get donated to a group and then they “select” who gets the tag. Mike, i am happy you killed an elk and antelope this year, i do believe you are a deserving recipient of a tag or two and i appreciate your service. The part that REALLY bothers me is you ate a strip tag this year, rather than having perhaps your only chance to really pay it forward for all the tags you’ve been donated over the years. One of your brothers in arms would have loved that tag. 

• Like 2

Mike.  Never post a kill or tag again.  Sorry u have to go thru this.  Just text friends like u have been.  

• Like 1

Wow, don't even know what to say, all I know is ill be hanging with edge and helping out vets on a donated tag this year, that's all I have to say about this. 

Thanks for sure to all the men and woman who spent a lot of their lives I the military. 

My best friend and current bad azz over seas at age 45 is number one on my mind and will get all my effort for any activity he wants to participate in hunting or not, 

congrats mike and I'm glad you were available to use the tag given up. No excuses man don't even think about it, but at the same time get you arse healed up man, I hope your doctor isn't ware ad you shenanigans!!!!!

Sad to read some of this crap... there's about a half dozen guys on this site who need to disappear. Condensending sh!t talking in almost every post. Congratulations again Mike and I hope you get a Rocky tag next year. Ed F

• Like 1

Ed did you read the subject title?

I think he set the stage and tone for this thread. The deplorables myself included responded accordingly.