Sign in to follow this  
hoghntr

*Bull Elk Blessing from donated tag, oh wait... aka Casey's favortism conspiracy theory post.

1 hour ago, 223VARMINTER said:

This is really bugging you, huh?

I almost did not post because of Casey then i realized Casey is exactly why i needed to post. People need to see Casey for who and what he is.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Red Rabbit said:

Congrats on your bull and fighting through the pain to hunt.

Thanks! Man this bull and a young 4x4 buck from 19a 3 years back are my favorite hunts. Amazing how the determination level and fighting the adversity will grow the level of respect for the harvest. 👍

• Like 1

2 hours ago, hoghntr said:

I almost did not post because of Casey then i realized Casey is exactly why i needed to post. People need to see Casey for who and what he is.

I have no problem being the bad guy because I speak my mind.

By the way, youd be amazed all the texts and private messages I have been getting saying they agree with me.

For the record, Mike, I thank you for your service and do think you deserve some tags.

Three in one season seems like a little much, given how many wounded vets we have.

Casey if you know something please speak up, but if you don’t its probably worth finding out what organization these tags are donated through and how they distribute them.

Vague posting in an accusatory tone is not going to accomplish much.

• Like 4

45 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

Casey if you know something please speak up, but if you don’t its probably worth finding out what organization these tags are donated through and how they distribute them.

Vague posting in an accusatory tone is not going to accomplish much.

If memory serves me correct 36 archery elk hunters were in field thru same organization for the prior 2 weeks before my hunt 1 for sure was in 9 another was rifle early bull 23 when i was in 9 etc etc.. 👉Not every veteran is authorized nor is every service connected veteran so that is large part of the thousands of veterans Casey seems to think are eligible and waiting for a donated tag.👈 If someone is just ignorant and unwilling to understand the qualifications to receive donated tags well L.O.L. can't do much about him or her. Shoot for kids to get these tags they gotta have a terminal illness and they are only eligible till 18 so hopefully Casey doesn't get mad at them next. 

I was told about a organizarion in Wyoming that vetetans with 50% service connected or higher can get free hunts and sleeping quarters and food etc Veteran must only provide transportation. Multiple ranches participate and over 600 veterans involved. I was told fill out paperwork and come hunt antelope in 2019. They like to start vets with lope before elk or deer i think so they can gauge your dissabilty/ability.

So i'm thinking myself and 2 or 3 other vets 50% or higher need to apply and go kill some antelope in 2019!

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, hoghntr said:

Shoot for kids to get these tags they gotta have a terminal illness and they are only eligible till 18

That’s not quite right, kids need to have some sort of disability but the state does not require it to be terminal.

Thank God, since my boy received one of these tags this year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Flatlander said:

That’s not quite right, kids need to have some sort of disability but the state does not require it to be terminal.

Thank God, since my boy received one of these tags this year.

Thought it was a disease that "could" take a life. Like diabetes, ms, etc etc.. I just know i love seeing the kiddos getting it done and often they get guides donated which is way cool. Have seen a bunch of posts with A3 guys helping OE4A kids this year. 👍

Casey are you a wounded vet? Can't figure out why so much hate. No disrespect.  Nice bull

• Like 1

What are the qualifications for Vets to get these tags? I sure would like to see more kids (disabled or sick doesnt matter to me) get more tags. Also if you are donated a tag can you donate it again to another group (like for kids)? Just wondering. 

• Like 1

Correct, when my son was in treatment and doing chemo and radiation for his cancer. He qualified for a tag donation, and received three tags before turning 18. He is now healthy and doing amazing now, for Gods glory!

I will tell you this, my question for all of those questioning the tag donations....  Would you give up your health and ability to do as you please to become highly disabled through the military or have your son or daughter to have a terminal disease? Of course not, in the big scheme of life, hunting is just a by product of our enjoyment!  So amazing to me, how personal people get when someone they do not know, donates their tag to a worthy cause. 

Please see the following link for qualifications.

http://www.outdoorexperienceforall.org/

• Like 9

10 hours ago, hoghntr said:

1001180936a.jpg

It wasn't his. 

• Like 1