Sign in to follow this  
Flatlander

First Time for Hunter

Well this weekend was my son Hunters first time out with a tag in his pocket. When it was app season I went through all the choices for him and he said he wanted to put in for deer, bighorn and turkey. 

I’ve never hunted fall turkey before but figured if he was interested we would give it a try. He was lucky enough to draw a turkey tag and a juniors Kaibab tag.

This weekend was the turkey hunt and next weekend we head to the North Rim. Although we didn’t kill a turkey it was good prep for his true “first hunt” next weekend. It was great to spend some time together and see him start to catch the bug. He has a pretty full fall ahead of him as he was also donated a cow elk tag for next month. 

167FDFC8-3CCF-4275-B6A2-59982A3128DE.jpeg

12D1B914-A5D9-41C5-9A7D-10E40876C28F.jpeg

9270C7B1-007D-4534-B0E8-1EA53DE62303.jpeg

• Like 13

Cool. itss fun with kids.

next year for spring the gets can get over the counter tags for  a bunch of units useing a shotgun or archery. the season is spilt like 10 days then 1 week off then 10 more days maybe longer.

unit 8 10 and kaibab are always listed as well as others.

• Like 1

Notice the kid curled up in a ball behind the rock in the blind. It was 58 and he was freeeezing

On 10/7/2018 at 5:11 PM, Flatlander said:

Notice the kid curled up in a ball behind the rock in the blind. It was 58 and he was freeeezing

Ha ha ha thats good times right there.