Sign in to follow this  
Hoss50

Kaibab Road Conditions?

Has anyone been up there since the rains? How bad of shape are the forest roads in? Are they a muddy mess?

The roads on the Kaibab drain well for the most part.  Mostly rocks and gravel in most of the areas I've been.  Not much mud IME.

My friend has been up there since before the rains.  She said the sun is out shining today for the first time in 5 days.  The pics of the roads she sent don't look bad.  As has been said, for the most part the roads are well built and drain well.  Most of the snow has melted off the roads.

Cool. I didn't know if it would be beneficial to take the snow chains. That is an 80lb bucket I hate loading. 

Lot's of snow last night. Pic won't upload. I'd turn my tag in if I were you. Better yet just burn it. All the deer ran onto the park yesterday.

• Like 1

On the west the roads I have experienced getting muddy are 232, 236, 292, 440 and 416 but even these don’t get too bad. 

29 minutes ago, wildwoody said:

Are the deer moving?

I saw one shake his butt at me as if to say neener neener neener! So yeah they move.

• Like 2

Looking forward to testing out the roads this weekend on the junior deer hunt.   My kids are all too old, but found a buddy with a couple of daughters to tag along with.  Always has been one of my favorite hunts!  Can't wait! ;)

• Like 1

The roads are fine. The only way to get stuck up there imho is if you are vertical or inverted. I didn't see anywhere to get stuck in mud. All of the wet spots have solid bottoms. Trudge forward with confidence.

• Like 1

Can’t wait to get up there for this weekend. This is our first real Kaibab experience. I am as giddy excited as the 10 year old.

I am headed up there this weekend as well to scout 12AE. I have not been in Kaibab in 25 years probably so I am excited to see it again. Last time I saw it I was a child.